Maya's Dreams (camaya)

"Goodnight," Maya kisses her mother on the cheek.

"Night, sweety." Her mother smiles, "Sweet dreams."

Maya smiles and nods. Her dreams are always sweet, it's real life that's bitter. "See you in the morning." She with a smile even though the idea of waking from her dream is depressing.

"Alright, hun."

With that Maya heads off to her room.

After fluffing her pillows, she turns off her light and jumps into bed. She smiles just has her head hits the pillow. It's time, after hours and hours, she gets to see him.

The sun is shining and the birds are singing a song that can only mean one thing: love is in the air. Maya's wearing purple tank-top that has a chest pocket, a pair of jean shorts, and sandles. She's sitting on the bench in the park waiting. He's on his way. He texted her, so she knows.

Maya stand's when she sees him walking towards her. It's him, it really is.

"Hey," Cam smiles, "Look who I have!" He holds a stuffed owl up to his face.

"Hoot." Maya smiles and runs into the boy's arms, taking the stuufed owl from him in the prosses. When they pull back Maya states the ovisus. "You're late."

"I texted you." He defends himself weakly.

"I text is no way to comunicate." She laughs. "You know better." She playfully hits his chest.

"Yeah," He reaches out his hand for her to take, "Come on."

Maya smiles and takes his hand. Every time he has something special planed. Once they flew to Paris just to eat spagetti. "Where are we going today?"

Cam smiles down at her. "You'll see."

He leads her across the park. She listens to the birds sing of love.

"See that?" Cam points.

Maya turns to see a beautiful water fall off hte edge of a clif. "Oh my god." She says when she notices the rainbow of flowers. "It's...it's beautiful."

"Like you." He says simplly. Like it's a fact.

"Cam." She smiles.

"Maya." He smiles and leans closer to her. He's going for the kiss.

Not even an inch away when Maya hears something and pulls back.

"What's wrong?" Cam's slightly hurt by her pulling away from there kiss.

"Didn't you hear that?"

"What?" Cam eyeballs her curiously.

"Beep."

Maya spun around. "That."

"I think you're going crazy." He smils, "But that's okay because you're my crazy person."

Maya opens her month, but the iscut off by another beep.

"Oh dear," Maya lets out a sigh. "I know what it is."

"Maya, what?"

"Beep."

"I have to go." Tears are coming, she can feel them.

"But Maya-"

She puts up her hand, "Tomorrow." She holds Hoot out for him to take.

"Okay." Cam takes the stuffed owl just before disappearing.

Maya shoots up.

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

"Stupid alarm." She grabs her alarm clock and throws it to the end of her bed.

The sun isn't shining, the birds aren't singing, this can only mean one thing: love is dead. In Maya's case this means Cambell Saunders is gone. Tears sprinkle out of her eyes as the bitter morning realization hits. She pulls her blanket to her face and attempts to wipe the tears. This will happen again tomorrow and the next day and the next and so forth; however, the morning tears are worth it if she gets to touch him one more time. Because Maya willdo anything to see him again.