Cam's New Friend

"I made a mistake, didn't I?" Cam looked up at the boy for an answer.

"Yeah, kid, ya did."

Cam started to cry, "I just wanted it to stop, you know, the saddness?"

"I know, I tried it once, but I lived, thankfully." He smiled a sad smile down at the younger boy in the hockey jacket. What was done was done, he was stuck with this boy now, time to brighten the mood, something he does best. "When I went to Degrassi we didn't have a hockey team."

"It's new..."

"I know, everything is different now, even Danny is gone..."

"Danny..?" Cam looked up at the boy. "When did you go to Degrassi?"

The boy smiled, "Class of 2006, you may have seen my memorial?"

Cam looked up, too confused to process.

"It's in the square."

"Do you think I'll get something?"

"I don't know... We left a little differently..."

"I wantta go back."

"You can't. If you could I would of by now...."

"But... But Maya.... And Dallas...."

"Have to go through this."

"What about my family? My brother, sister, my mom? Oh God, my mom...." Tears started to fall.

"She is doing fine." He lied, Since he had been here so long he could watch everybody, he looked after his girlfriend, best friend and child everyday, but he could see everyone now. He saw Cam's own family everyday. It didn't seen real to them. Cam wasn't always there, but after a week, it was really starting to sink in.

Cam shock his head. "Why did I do this?"

"You were sick."

"I just wanted to be better...."

"I know."

"Why couldn't I?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think they know how much they mean to me? How much Dallas helped me, how I looked up to him, even if I hated hockey? How much I love Maya, do you think she knows?"

"Yeah, I know they do, they just wished you would of let them help."

"No one could help me, I'm a psycho."

"Were, you were, you're dead, we're dead."

"Ha, yeah..." Cam was sad, he was dead, but he was still sad, this was not worth it. "What happened to you?"

The boy smiled, "You know after so long of being here I know so much about death, I'm okay with it now, I forgive him, but if you really want to know, I was stabbed."

"With a... Knife?"

"Yeah," He smiled, his last memory was with the knife, the knife and his oatmeal...

"I used a knife..."

He snapped out of it, "What?"

"When I did it, I used a knife?"

"I know ya did..."

"So you know everything?"

"Not everything."

"You know I can't go back..."

"I tried, that's how I know."

"I didn't... I didn't..."

"I know, I know." He smiles a little, he might be able to do what he could do best, lighten the mood, it might be the best time. "I'm JT." Using his signature smile, he holds out his hand.

Cam stares at it, looking up up and down. "I'm Cam, I made a mistake, but you already know that."