Chapter 2- Guts

Song: In love with a ghost- flowers ft Nori

~Phoebe Agape~

I had been exploring the house and that meant making myself food in the kitchen near to burning everything, including myself, because I couldn't stop thinking.

How are my brothers doing? Are they okay, do they need anything? I don't know because trapped in my own heaven of misery is the way to go.

Of course, the house was beautiful, it had a large library filled with books and an old-fashioned ladder stood in front of them, if you can't reach a book.

Thankfully, my foot healed in time so no limping for me anymore, though it would've been nice if my mate had at least asked if I was okay... Then again, what would I expect from a weird kidnapper?

I'm still curious about the third floor and where on earth Aaron had disappeared off to. First, he kidnapped me dragged me to his house leaving me in isolation. Why bother to go through all the trouble if you're going to leave me? And he didn't say anything about our relationship associated with being soulmates which saddens me.

I thought mates are to take care of you and at least speak to you! But Aaron was a different case. He ignores me like it's his job.

"No, that territory is out of bounds. Just get here as soon as possible!" Aaron appeared in his glory striding toward me declining his call.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked hoping he would acknowledge me so I can ask why I'm here. But no, he avoids my presence like I'm some ghost and proceeds to the fridge taking water.

Why doesn't my own soulmate accept me? I don't understand why he neglects me like I'm a disease and doesn't simply reject me.

He gulps his water and puts the bottle back into the fridge heading back to where he came from.

"Oh, mighty King Alpha Aaron, if it's okay with you, I want to go back, I don't want to be here!" I sarcastically called him mighty and king, he surely wasn't acting like one.

He stopped and turned in an instant taking a hold of my upper arms.

"Nobody cares if you want to go back and I certainly don't give a damn if you don't want to be here. Just do as you're told and we'll have no problems understood?" He angrily hissed at me.

No, I don't freaking understand you.

I don't understand why I feel so flustered when you're holding me this way, being close to my face. I don't understand why I have these awkward feelings for you when you took me from my family, and I'm sure that I don't understand why you don't reject me! But then again, I guess I have to do it myself, though I don't have the guts to go against fate.

Instead of pushing Aaron from me, I do the opposite. I hug him placing my head on his chest as I'm so short compared to him.

"What are you doing? Get off me." He demands as I ignore.

I want to rile him up and make him reject me and what other way would piss him off than this?

"Did you know that I love hugging people and since you're my soulmate it feels much safer. I don't think I'll be able to let go. You're so comfortable, it feels like I'm being protected by all the darkness in the world." I explained my almost true thoughts feeling his heartbeat increase. Please take the bait.

Well, I guess he does have some feeling for me. Why is his heart beating so hard?

"Let go of me!" My bruised arms ripped off him and I ended up on the floor holding them.