• 5 •

Both (Y/n) and Josh looked at each other with raised brows and narrowed eyes. They looked down at each other's phones and then back at each other. Speechless, Topanga unintentionally broke their awkward silence by announcing dinner. looked to the side of me.

The kids came from upstairs as Josh and her slowly walked over from the couch, Josh's hands stuffed into his pockets. "Come on," Topanga began, looking at the kids who were taking their SLOW SWEET time. "just because your college kids doesn't mean you get special treatment."

"Chicken and mashed potatoes!" Cory exclaimed as he came down the stairs, sitting in his spot to eat. "so," he began, seasoning his potatoes. "how was twister?"

"Guess who won." Lucas said, getting some potatoes on his fork. Riley raised her hand and smiled with glee. "I did!" The excitement on the girl's face made Josh chuckle. "How'd you win Riley?"

"I tripped everyone else!"

"On accident. Of course." Farkle commented, eating his food. "Yeah, Super Klutz here was so klutzy that she won on a technicality causing the other players to fall." Maya stated. "So, what did you college kids do?" Lucas asked us.

"Nothing." (Y/n) quickly commented, eating her food. "Just stared at our phones." Josh added.

Riley and Farkle looked at (Y/n), expecting to catch her glance but to their surprise, she didn't even blink an eye at them. "Something's up." Riley whispered, leaning toward Farkle. "They're both acting weird."

"You think? Josh and (Y/n) have been quiet since we got down here. It's like we interrupted something..." He began. "Interrogate?" Farkle asked. "Interrogate."

Riley and Farkle then stood up and grabbed Josh and Miss.Hart, the first, by the wrist. They dragged them up to Riley's room and pushed them onto the bay window seats.

"Should we be here with Maya?" (Y/n) started, rubbing her wrists softly. Riley had a tight grip... "I feel like Maya should be here."

"No. This is between you and Josh... and us of course." Riley said with a ridiculous smile. (Y/n) rolled her eyes. What did her relationship with Josh had to do with Riley and Farkle? "This has nothing to do with you two, but pop off I guess."

"Okay, what's going on?" Josh turned toward (Y/n). "Ever since you asked me for advice and figured out PhillyDude98 was me, you started to act different."

"Wait, what-" Farkle and Riley commented.

"Maybe it's because I'm not exactly comfortable with the thought of you being the guy I was talking to on the internet!"

"Why not?! I'm not a creepy old man!"

"That doesn't mean I can't be uncomfortable...!"

"So why are you?!"

"Because I've been talking to the guy my sister's been crushing on for years!" (Y/n) explained, looking at Josh. "I've been talking to you day and night.. saying good morning and goodnight whilst watching my sister oogle over you. It feels wrong."

"So, just don't tell her." Josh shrugged, putting a hand close to the girl's thigh. "She doesn't have to know." "You expect me to lie to her? Don't you see how she looks at us when we interact? I'm not keeping this a secret from her." She sighed.

Riley and Farkle glanced at each other. Maybe they should've let them be instead of interfering. "I think you guys can do it." Farkle began. "The chemistry's there. Just pick up where you left off."

"This isn't a break up, Minkus." Josh commented. "We'll it's about to be." (Y/n) muttered. Josh looked at her with an eyebrow raised, the hand previously close to her thigh now moved. "What?"

"Josh, I don't think we should chat anymore. Not only for Maya's sake but for ours too. If we keep going, feelings could get involved, then it'll be a real problem." She bit the inner part of her lower lip. "I'm sorry."

(Y/n) got up, brushing off the imaginary dust off her bottoms before heading back downstairs. Farkle followed after her, leaving Josh and Riley to themselves.

"I'm sorry Josh.." Riley apologized, sitting beside him. As she rubbed his back, Josh shook his head, resting his head in his hands. "It's okay.. it's not your fault anyways."

Continuing to rub his back, Riley looked up at the door frame to see Farkle peeking his head through. "uh, Topanga says it's time to play charades so.."

Josh sighed, standing up softly. "we'll be down soon." he looked back at Riley who just looked up at him with doe eyes. "Alright." Farkle shrugged before leaving for the second time.

Riley and Josh looked at each other again, their previous gaze on Farkle. "You gonna be okay?" She asked, playing with her hands. The older male shrugged.

"We'll see."

(A/N): LOL SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. IMA TRY TO POST ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY