• 6 •

OG POST: FEB 2ND 2017

Y/n stared at the ceiling, spiraled out on her mattress. It was the same night as family game night, but she decided to leave early for Maya. Y/n and Josh weren't talking anymore, there was no reason to be there.

"(Y/N)!" Maxine exclaimed, flopping onto the bed the girl was previously laying on. Y/n bounced a little on the bed, sitting up and looking at her. "Can I help you?"She asked rubbing her eyes to adjust to the light Lila turned on as she came in.

The girl with the short blonde hair looked at Hart with a small pout, her eyebrows furrowing together in despair. "Something's on your mind...whatcha thinking about, honey bunch?"

"Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing. Also, you have a lot of texts from Philly-"

"Don't finish that name." Y/n stated with a groan, now rubbing her temples with her dominant hand. "I don't feel like talking to him right now.. too much to handle." "How so?" Maxine began, tilting her head to the side as she playing with the loose thread on Y/n's comforter. "You guys get into a fight?"

Hart looked at the two girls in front of them. Should they tell what happened? What if the girls don't understand it and yell at her? She decided to study their faces more; they seemed compassionate and genuinely concerned about why their friend suddenly stopped talking to this guy.

With a sigh, Y/n explained her situation with Josh. More importantly why she decided not to pursue it anymore. As she explained, both Maxine and Lila portrayed different facial expressions and emotions. They seemed more hurt by this than Y/n herself. 

"So, that's it? You're just going to give up on love just like that?" Lila exclaimed. Her pale cheeks were now red and puffed as her blonde hair bounced with every movement she made. Y/n looked up at her with her mouth open agape. 

"What? Why are you out of all people so upset about all this? You're the one that love and relationships are for people who crave validation and seek attention from others." Y/n explained. "Also, we just met. I wouldn't call that love."

"Why this is all true," The girl said sitting back on the floor, using her lefty hand to rub Y/n's thigh softly. "but I said all that before I saw how talking to this boy deeply affected my friend. You seem so much happier when you talked to him, N/n... I would hate to see that happiness get taken away from you."

The (E/C) eyed color girl let out yet another sigh, looking away from Lila's dark green eyes and deep gaze. Looking back at her small friend and the brunette who's been listening to them with puppy dog eyes and a pout, she gave in.

"Okay, I'll think about it. Swear... but I'm really hungry. I left around the time dinner was ready and I don't feel like eating the leftovers Topanga made."

Maxine squealed. "Yes! Can we go get tacos then?" "This late in the evening? Max, do you know how dangerous it is to go out there as a trio of girls?" Lila scolded, furrowing her brows into an almost straight line as she looked at her with hooded eyes. 

"It's a drive-through!" 

"Sold.

---

Even after they got back to the dorms after eating tacos, Y/n still felt guilty. Josh seemed to care about her a lot, even if that meant keeping their friendship a secret from Maya but that was the problem. In Y/n's eyes, Josh was Maya's guy and Maya's guy only. 

As a big sister, she quickly had to learn since the day Maya was born was that Maya's stuff was Maya's. Strictly. Nothing more, nothing less. When they were younger, this meant no sharing juice, fries, toys; they couldn't even share the same favorite character in a TV show. 

But since they're older, the list of 'no-shares' grew. Thus now including boys(and/or girls/non-binaries). Josh has been 'claimed' by Maya since she ever laid her eyes on him. Dibs was called and that was that. He was off the table. 

However, that rule seemed to change for the two of them. Maya was not pleased to see her crush and older sister mingle and get all partner'y with each other. Even if it was for just a game. Maya was then diagnosed with a severe case of jealousy that could only be cured by figuring out what both her sister's and crush's intentions were with each other. 

Was this going too far? An almost complete invasion of privacy for the two adults? Of course, but Maya didn't care. What was their business was her business too. She was determined to find out what the heck was going on, even if that meant ruining her relationship with the both of them. 

She's going to do -whatever-  it takes.