• 4 •

*TW: thr*wing up!*

"We're home!" Josh exclaimed, bursting through the door and walking into the living room. Yet again leaving (Y/n) to carry the groceries on her own. She didn't mind carrying them, she didn't need help from any guy, gal, or non-binary pal, but the gesture of asking her if she needed help would've been nice.

"Great!" Topanga clapped her hands together again. "Now, hand me my ham," She made grabby hands toward the girl carrying the bags. (Y/n) handed her the bag that had the ham in it and let out a small relieved huff. Putting away his coat, Josh turned to look at (Y/n) with a raised brow. "Was it heavy or something?"

"Boy, don't you even-"

"SO," Lucas' voice boomed throughout the room, looking toward Topanga who was now in the kitchen attempting to stuff the ham in the fridge. "Why do you need the ham anyway?"

"Christmas!"

"But that's not until a couple of weeks from now." (Y/n) commented, placing the groceries down on the table. "Thanks for your help," She turned to glare at the blue-eyed male. "You're welcome!" He beamed, sitting down on the couch beside Riley.

"Well, if you truly want to know why I needed such an extravagant ham so early in the holiday season," Topanga said, finally getting that hunk of ham in the fridge. "That's too bad. A woman shall never reveal her secrets."

The college students groaned, seeming to be the only ones, besides the occasional Lucas, to care about the urgency and need of honey glazed ham. "Come on...!" Ava whined out, throwing her hands over the coffee table. "Are we going to play some games or what?" She complained, looking between the males and females around her.

"Sorry Aves, but we're still waiting on,"

"Game time!" Cory said running down the stairs with a huge grin on his face. "You look stupid," Topanga commented, walking over to her husband of a couple of years. "What game did you find?" Her eyes grew wide and she held her hands to her chest. Her demeanor changed, going from monotoned and tired to perky and determined within seconds.

"The game of cycle!" Cory announced, goofily walking over to the coffee table which made Ava laugh like a madman.

"What kind of game is that?!" Riley asked, looking at her father with a troubled look on her face. "It's practically a game where you go through the cycles and phases of life. Whoever has the most successful life or life with most memories win." Farkle explained, watching as Cory eagerly and messily set said game.

"Do we need partners?" Maya asked, looking at Farkle. "Not usually but since we have such a large group, partners are ideal." He shrugged.

"I call Farkle!" Riley exclaimed, wrapping her arm over him. "Oh?~ Over-protective much?" Maya smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at her brunette haired friend. Riley shook her head, still clinging onto Farkle. "No, I just wanna pair with him because he seems to know a lot about the game and is my very good buddy."

Ooh, buddy zoned.

"Okay, but what about me?" Maya began. "Who am I going to partner with? The only compatible partner I had is now with a dictator." She sighed, leaving her sister to gasp in shock. "Oh, you have him," Riley pointed to Lucas, trying to hide the sly smile on her face.

"Ew yuck!" She said walking over to the couch chair the Texan was sitting in. As (Y/n) walked over to the gang, she and Josh looked at each other. "Partners?" She asked Josh, sitting on the floor by him. He nodded with a shrug. "Partners."

As he made room for (Y/n) to sit beside him, Maya scowled, eyeing them. "I'm sorry Maya," (Y/n) began, looking toward her sister with an apologetic smile. "He was the only one available." Maya shook her head, clutching her hands together. "I never said yes to Lucas." The older Hart shrugged. "Maybe so, but you did get up and sit next to him. That must mean something."