• 3 •

Third POV

Family game night was FINALLY here after what seemed forever. The Hart sisters couldn't take the anticipation by the time Thursday morning. That night they went to the Matthews, (Y/n) was holding a batch of cookies she 'baked' to give the Matthews as a thank you for inviting them. "You know you didn't have to do that right?" Maya told her sister, knocking on the dark oak door.

The older Hart shrugged. "Yeah, I know. But it's a nice thing to do. Plus, it's never good to go to someone's house empty-handed." She told her younger sister, finishing the sentence at the same time the door opened.

"(Y/n)! Maya! What a pleasant surprise!" Cory announced, opening his arms wide with a huge smile plastered on his face. (Y/n) chuckled, happy to see him in such a chipper mood. "Mr.Matthews, I told you we were coming over Monday." She chuckled softly, walking inside with her sister behind her once allowed to.

"I know you did but it was starting to get really awkward in here." He muttered to the girl who was now standing behind him as he shut the door. The young adult rose a brow at him with a head tilt. "How so?"

"Uncle Boing!" Maya cheered, running up to him and engulfing him in a huge hug that she only seemed to enjoy. The dark-haired boy cringed, his shoulders rising in surprise. "Uhh," He chuckled out. "hey Maya."

"How are you? Are you doing fine at NYU? Have you met my sister? She goes to NYU as well." Maya began to ramble, heading over to the girl. She gave the cookies to Cory before dragging her over to Josh.
"Maya I don't think--" The student began to protest but to no avail. "Nonsense! You're going to meet him!" The blonde shoved the (h/c) haired girl in front of the Philadelphian man.

Looking down at her slightly/significantly, Josh waved a little at her. "Hey." He whispered in a soft tone. (Y/n) awkwardly waved back, making inconsistent eye contact with him. "Hi."

"Hey!" Farkle announced, walking into the apartment freely with his arms spread out. The two NYU students let out a sigh of relief. If they stared at each other any longer with everyone else watching, they were both going to explode simultaneously.

Running down the stairs with Ava's hand in his, Auggie smiled brightly. "Alright, Farkle's here!" He said making his way towards the coffee table. "Let's get this party started!"

"How's PhillyDude98? Has he said anything yet?" Riley asked (Y/n), pulling her down onto the couch while everyone else was getting the games set up. Shaking her head, the girl shook her head with a sigh. "Nope. Still pretty stubborn. I wish he wasn't like that though. I would love to get to know him."

Hearing a little bit of their conversation, Topanga smirked to herself before outbursting. "Josh! (Y/n)!" She clapped her hands together to get their attention. "I need you two to go to the grocery store and grab me some ham! Preferably the one with the honey glaze and the pineapples and cherries!"

Josh and (Y/n) looked at each other with a brow raised. There was no correlation between the two besides ages...

"Us? Together? Ham? Why?" The two asked in unison. At least the confused went both ways. Topanga nodded, getting up from her seat on the floor. "Yup! You are the only responsible ones here and I just need ham."

The young adults didn't believe her a second. Why the sudden need for ham? and why such a specific kind of ham at that? Whatever the reason was, the two knew better than to question it.

"Alright Topanga," Josh started sticking his hands in his pockets after he got up. "We'll go get your ham." he chuckled and made his way toward the door, (Y/n) following. "but we're using your credit card."