Chapter 7

-Chapter 7-

'The world is changing Jack....it's waking up and moving on.... Men of the old ways, men like you and your fellow brethren....don't belong in the new world....so we take in any man that can walk, and sail to slaughter your kind.... Until the very....last...one...falls..'

Those words, rattled around in Jack brain. Over and over again they repeated themselves, taunting him endlessly. He couldn't understand why they troubled him to this extent. He stared blankly into the darkness as Angelica watched confused. She looked back outside and made eye contact with Gibbs. She shrugged and flicked her head, gesturing she was going inside. Gibbs nodded and turned away. Angelica looked back inside and frowned worryingly. Jack just stood there. Frowning. Angelica turned her head slightly to the side and approached slowly trying to gradually come into his view. "Jack?....". She reached her hand out and touched his arm softly. Jack nearly jumped through the roof. "Ahh!". He jumped back and held this hands up. Angelica sighed. "I thought you were paralyzed...". She put her hands on her hips and squinted. "The British fell down like flies, we won". A smiled returned to her face as she scanned the dark room. "Where's the Ca-.....oh...". Angelica looked down and saw a pool of blood behind jack. "I see you found him alright." Jack waked over and stood next to Angelica going her glance at the body, still in a slight trance. "More or less...Yes..". Angelica look over at Jack. "Did he give you much trouble?". Jack turned his head and look at her back. He swallowed trying to push back what the man said form splurging out of his mouth, and smiled. "If ya mean talking and hiding in the shadows, then yes".

Jack ducked his head and speedily walked out the door.

-

Angelic looked back as he swung open the door. She turned around and started to head out the door herself, but couldn't help look back and take one more look at the body. She cringed. Was this why jack was so.....motionless earlier....but he has seen many dead bodies.. Angelica frowned and walked out of the cabin. She walked up to Jack and Gibbs. Their gaze was on their ship, if that's would you could even call it anymore. It had been thrashed. There holes lined the hull, and the mast was down. "I don't think we will be sailing on that ship anymore". Jack flashed his teeth and groaned. Angelica turned to jack and put her hands to her hips. "No, because I was planning to jump back on their and sail away into the sunset". She raised her eyebrows and turned to the crew as Jack rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Five survivors were lined up on there knees, hands tied behind their backs and each had a gun to their head. Angelica scanned them carefully, looking to see if they were too injured. She cleared her throat loudly gaining Jack and Gibbs attention. They both turned around as Gibbs raised a finger. "Oh! Yes!". He faced Jack and opened his mouth to speak. "We ave ear... Some prisoners we captu-".

Jack cut him off and started to walk away swaggering. "We don't ave time for prisoners Gibbs, we have a tight schedule, and as it is..". He turned around, pointed a finger to the sky and leant to one side. "Our only mode of transport has holes in it". He nodded then started to walk back onto his ship. As he reached to where the ships met, Angelica's Spanish accent caught his ears suddenly. "Can't we just use this ship, not only will the navy leave us alone thinking we are one of them, but it hasn't got a scratch on it, apart form the slightly damaged nose, but that can be quickly fixed". Jack stopped and sighed internally. Not only did he hate the British for their snobby attitudes, but he didn't want to be caught sailing one of their ships. He spun around in his heals and put on a smile. As much as it pained him to every think, she was right. He hated it when she was right, it meant she won again, and her winning meant an ego boost on her side. And an ego boost meant the chance of a late night 'reunion' slowly slipped away. "Put the men in the bring and lock em up". The men who held the guns nodded and lifted the prisoners to their feet, guiding them bellow deck. Angelica smiled smugly as if she heard jack thoughts. She walked over and patted him on the should. "You can't always be right jack, in fact...". She put a finger to her chin pretending to think. "I don't think you ever are...". Jack pulled an obviously fake smile and pretended to laugh. "Ha ha ha ha HA...". He crossed his arms as Angelica chuckled and walked of to the other ship.