Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

______________________________________________________________

A quick flash of bright white light, lit up the dark sky as thunder bombed loudly above causing Angelica to jump. The heavy rain hit her leather coat as if someone was throwing rocks at her. She speedily walked down the streets of Tortuga in search of shelter....and Jack. Tortuga was the most likely place to find that sorry sod.

Three months of being parched, starving and having the hot sun burn your back. It's not something one person would want to experience to many times in their life and it was all thanks to Jack Sparrow, arrogant, childish and heartless Jack Sparrow. Thanks to him, she had lost her farther, her family, and now her fathers ship, it was rightfully hers. Not some one legged nut job called Barbossa, And HE was going to get it back. Even if it meant bargaining. Jack wasn't the sort of man to do something nice for someone else, he needed to be bribed, and she knew exactly how.

Angelica pulled her coat on tighter, as the wind blew it out like a sail on a ship. She kept her head down, and swiftly maneuvered down the street. Another flash of light flickered in the sky, and a loud BOOM followed after. Most houses were dark, as it was very late in the night. Many pubs were slowly throwing out the intoxicated drunks to the street, closing down for the night. Another flash of light streaked through the sky, and a large CRASH caught Angelica of guard making her jump. She pulled back her hood causing her long, lush brown hair to dance uncontrollably in the wind. Her brown eyes look up to the sky as cold rain hit her head. "Los cielos se enojó esta noche.." (The heavens be angry tonight..) She muttered quietly, then lifted up her hand, and pulled the hood back over her head, as another flash of light stained the sky brightly. "I'm going to become drenched if I don't find somewhere soon.." She warped an arm around her chest, keeping her coat at bay, and held her other hand firmly on the top of her head. More flashes of blinding light made her squint, while a loud clashes of thunder followed.

Angelica whipped down the narrow street, as the wind blew the rain diagonally, straight on to her face. A deep groan emerged from her throat and she looked down, trying to avoid the icy rain. She looked at her fast moving feet as she turned the corner. A dim orange light started to light up the stones softly. Angelica lifted up her head slightly and slowed down her walk. An old pub stood before her with two large doors and sign hanging down under a small amount of shelter. It seemed quiet and dry inside. A smile stretched its self across her face as she thought to herself.
'Maiden's Quarters'.....Perfect. She walked up the small stairs, and pressed her hands on the doors.
Now.... Keep your head down. She said to herself, just a small rest to dry up, and then it's off to get my revenge... She pushed open the double doors and stepped inside.

___________________________________________________________________

Jack slammed down his bottle, causing his encased Pearl to wobble. He flew his hands up in the air and sat back. "BEAT...THAT" jack declared, his voice deeper than usual. A large crowd now surrounded jack and Gibbs table as a competition proceeded. An older lighter man scoffed and picked up a bottle of rum and gulped it down, as the others and Gibbs counted. "1!....2!....3!....4!.....5!......6!.....7!.....Hahahahah!" All the men rejoiced as he banged the bottle back down on that table and look at jack. "Beat.....that", he spat. Jack raised his eyebrow and leaned forward. "I think that rum tis start'n to do a number on ya memory old boy". Jack sat back smiling and simply said '5'. An uproar exploded out of the old man and his friends while jack ran his fingers along his mustache unaffected. "LIAR!" One of the men shouted, "FIBBER!" Yelled another. Jack held his fingers up causing the rowdy men to hush. "Best a three... AND this time.....Bets" The men smiled and cheered as Jack waved up his hand for more rum.

A large gust of cold wind suddenly hit the back of the men. They all looked back in surprise, as a slender hooded figure strode into the pub. It walked up to the coat rack and took of its coat, revealing perfect womanly curves outlined by her tight dark green corset. Her slightly damp ringlet hair bounced as it fell to her back and he's tanned skin shone with the light of the many Anton's and candles. Jack watched confused, as the men's mouths drop open lustfully. He quickly glanced over to Gibbs who shrugged, both unable to see what was going on. His chair creaked as he peered around the staring men, to see what they were fusing over. That's when Jack stopped. His eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat as he felt a hot rush flow over him. Shit.

___________________________________________________________________

Angelica watched as all the men in the room, stared hungrily at her. She moved her eyes down at her clothes and the back up to the many eyes that surrounded her. Having her usually white shirt dirty and stained, pants ripped in many places and her hair fuzzy from the hood was apparently making her more desirable. Males. She eyed the men carefully until one in particular caught her eye. She placed her hands on her hips and smiled. It's was Mr Gibbs. If his first mate was her, jack mustn't be far behind.

___________________________________________________________________

With a small heigh pitched whimper, Jack grabbed his Pearl, fell to the floor and crawled out of sight over to a pillar behind their table and jumped to his feet. He pressed his back firmly to the wood and looked back behind at Gibbs wide eyed. "If she comes over, and asks for me.." Jack paused his whisper and looked carefully over in the direction of Angelica, "I'm not er!....understand?" Jacks voices was coated generously in plain fear. Gibbs looked back, smiled and nodded his head, "understood Cap'n". Gibbs turned his head back to find men picking up their chairs, pushing them on their bums and shuffling away as Angelica walked, swinging her hips, up to Gibbs.

Gibbs smiled warmly and put his hands in his lap, "ow can I elp ya Miss Angelica?" She stopped and leaned down, placing her hands and the table. Making her cleavage more noticeable. A soft whisper emerged from the men now spread out behind her. She moved her eyes to the dark wall and pillar behind him. The tip of a brown boot peaked out for behind the pillar, she smiled. "Where's jack?" She asked as if she didn't already know, then returned her eyes back to Gibbs and raised an eyebrow. It was clear to Gibbs that she had already spotted his attempted hiding spot, and answered truthfully. "Behind tha pillar". Gibbs raised his hand and pointed a thumb behind him.they both heard a small thump from behind.

___________________________________________________________________

Jack squeezed his Pearl tighter into his chest and softly hit his head back against the pillar, eyes closed in annoyance. "Bloody Gibbs...." Jack whispered. A soft clunk of a heal against wood, started to approach. Then another, and another. Jack squinted his eyes shut and tried to act as invisible as possible. More clunks reached jacks ears until, it suddenly stopped, and a voice he knew to well filled his ears. "Jack sparrow!..... Fancy meaning you er behind this pillar!" Her thick Spanish accent hit him like a tone of bricks. Every word that rolled of her tongue, sent tingles down his spine. Too long..... Jack slightly moved his head to the origin of her voice and popped his eyes open.

"Sweet heart!" Jack quickly stuffed the Pearl into the bag hoping she hadn't noticed and then flew his arms out as if he was going to give her a giant hug. Angelica crossed her arms, bent her leg and stuck out her hip. She raised her eyebrow, applying that's he was clearly not in the mood. Jack turned up the side of his mouth and tried to swiftly duck under and away.

"Ah ah ah ah ah......" Angelica spun around quickly and grabbing his arm. "Don't think Im going to spend three months on a island by your doings, come to Tortuga, find you, and let you go?" Jack turned to her, squished up his face and shrunk slightly. "Yes?..." Angelica frowned, "because your a wonderful, kinda hearted, lovely woman?" Jack pushed out a not-so-charming pathetic smile. She chuckled lightly and pulled jack by the arm into the storage room and shut the door hard.

A few minuets of silence passed. Gibbs raised he's eyebrows and leaned over to a man that was closer to him than the rest. "He's Dead".

___________________________________________________________________

Done, good? bad? More? Stop? give up? Please vote if you enjoyed and comment to tell me how I'm doing, it really gives me a boost! Yes, this story is quite slow moving, but bare with me!