03: sex.

we're just having sex; no, i would never call it love

MIDNIGHT CAME AND JAMES FOUND HIMSELF AT THE DOOR of the Astronomy Tower, watching the beauty in front of him. She was laying on the floor and staring at the night sky above, clouds of smoke spiraling around her as she took another pull of her cigarette. He ran a hand nervously through his hair and stood there, unable to form any words.

"I really think I should speak to your mother," Cecilia said, her voice sharp and intoxicating in the night's silence, "Because I believe she forgot to teach you that staring is considered rude in many cultures, including mine."

James flushed and he prayed that the darkness hid how red his face had become. She turned her head slightly, "Well, are you going to stand there all night or are you going to come join me?"

It took a few seconds for her words to register and when they did, he almost tripped over his own feet to make his way over to the girl. Quidditch captain, James Potter, almost fell over himself while walking on a flat surface.

What is she doing to me? he thought.

Thankfully, he was able to lay beside her with no injury. She offered him the cigarette she was smoking and he gladly accepted, grateful for anything to calm the anxiety that was bubbling in his stomach. Hoping she would not notice the shaking in his hand, he took the lit cigarette from her and brought it to his lips, taking a long drag.

He choked on the smoke and began to cough, causing her to snicker, "Nervous, Potter?"

"Me? Nervous? For what?" he asked and noted that his voice had gone an octave higher than usual.

Cecilia shrugged and turned to face him, "I don't know. You tell me."

James looked into her eyes and began to drown in the rich brown of them, his heart climbing into his throat. His mouth opened and he could barely make a coherent sound but he rambled out, "I know the stories."

As soon as the words left his mouth, he mentally smacked himself.

Is that really the best you could've done?

Cecilia sat up, interested in what he had to say, "Is that so?"

James followed suit and sat up, nodding his head as he no longer trusted his words. She surprised him by throwing one of her legs over him so that she was now straddling him. He almost fell back but his arms held him up, though they were becoming weak with nerves.

"And what do the stories say?" she asked softly, her voice smooth like velvet. She rested one hand on his face and traced his jawline with her fingertip, leaving goosebumps in her wake.

James attempted to swallow the lump in his throat and while ignoring the loud beating of his heart, he answered, "Just.. some... things about you."

Cecilia nodded her head and leaned into him, placing her lips on the base of his jaw. She ghosted his skin with her lips but she knew he felt it, as he shivered every time she was close to making contact. The girl only stopped when her lips had reached his ears and she whispered, "Do you want to find out if the stories are true?"

He'd be damned if he said no.

James wasn't sure how but they stumbled across the castle and into the Slytherin common room without getting caught, though they were practically glued to each other's faces the whole time. He followed her up the stairs to her seventh year dormitory (which he realized didn't turn into a slide when he walked on it) and his entire subconscious was flooded with lust for the older girl in front of him.