00.

HAIR AS DARK AS A BEAST OF MIDNIGHT FELL DOWN her back in perfect waves that moved as she did, going left to right in time with the swaying of her hips. Her every movement seemed to fascinate those that were in the castle halls. Heads turned as she walked by, her robes billowing around her as she strutted like she owned the very ground that she was stepping on. They all watched her with varying emotions, ranging from a burning lust to a deadly envy, but no one dared make eye contact with the girl; for her eyes held stories that they feared to listen to.

She knew their secrets and that scared them all. She knew who was sneaking around with who, in fear of getting caught by their lover. She knew who was shagging who in secret, afraid of what their peers would say. She even knew who wanted who, just by the way they watched each other.

Cecilia was intuitive, yes, but she was more so seductive and cunning. She was able to string together a few words and had most of the school's population, male and female, eating from the palm of her hand. Her tongue was dangerous, able to go soft in a moment, to lull one into a sense of security and then sharp in the next, cutting down those that stood in the girl's way.

There were very few that could be in the same room with her for long periods of time and even fewer who could say they were acquainted with the Slytherin girl. Yet, everyone in Hogwarts knew who she was. Correction, they all knew her name but none of them could say they knew who she was (with the exception of her one friend, Elliot).

Cecilia Lestrange.

The girl was a mystery to them all, even those who had fallen conquest to her beauty. While who she was remained a secret, the persons who had tumbled and tossed in the girl's bed sheets were not. The boys that crawled out of her dormitory at the wee hours of the morning had no recollection of the girl, excluding that she knew how to have a good time. Still, they often made it known that they were able to creep into the girl's heart for a few hours (or so they thought).

She was an alluring temptress but careful not to fall for her tricks because she was also ruthless and unrelenting; though you fell, she could not give you the same satisfaction. However, there were people, foolish people that chose to fall for her anyway. They dived straight into their feelings while ignoring the hundreds of warnings from the thousands of people looking on. Each and every one of their hearts then torn to shreds by a girl who could not care less.

He was not sure how he managed to get himself into that category as the boy had had his heart set on one girl from the moment he entered the school. Flaming red hair and dazzling green eyes were usually the topic of his daydreams as he mindlessly doodled the initials L.E. on every spare piece of parchment he owned.

Until one day.

One cruel and life-changing day.

After that, James found himself confused. Instead of looking for a blazing red, he searched for a shade of ebony. His heart skipped a beat at the slightest meeting of his hazel eyes to hers that were coloured mahogany. Her smile bamboozled him, drawing his attention to her full lips that he so wanted pressed against his own.

The boy was bewildered; how could this happen? She was just one girl that he saw at a party, how was it that she was able to make him feel these things that he had never felt before?

"Forget about her," the scarred boy warned.

"She's bad news," his gray-eyed friend added.

"But," the quietest of them all interjected, "What have you got to lose?"

Just like that, his mind was made up. He was going to figure her out. James Potter was going to be the one that put together the puzzle that was Cecilia Lestrange. But there existed a problem that he had yet to solve.

How do you love someone that doesn't want to be loved?