Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Alyssa

Dedicated to my friend Alyssa. Happy Birthday, Momma J!

Pic of Victoria and Connor's "moment". 😄

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Noooooo . . ."

"Come on, Connor, don't you want revenge?" I ask.

It's 6:30 AM in the Hermes cabin and while I'm bright and bushy-tailed, Connor isn't. I'm trying to get him up when an idea comes to mind.

I lean down and peck him on the cheek. His eyes immediately shoot open, confused, but alert now.

"All right, I'll go then." I smile innocently, walking towards the door.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa . . . whoa." he says, springing out of bed, fully awake now. "I'm up now, happy?"

I smile. "Yes. Very."

"Soooo . . . you wanna continue?" he asks, grinning.

"No. Now get dressed." I say, then turn on my heel and leave. "Don't forget, it's gonna be cold."

30 MINUTES LATER . . .

"Okay, water?" I ask.

"Check." Tory and Connor reply in a bored-out-of-my-mind voice.

We've just had breakfast and are wearing warm city clothes. I'm wearing a white jacket, jeans, purple Converse boots, and a scarf, with my hair in a messy bun. Connor's in jeans, a brown jacket, sneakers, and a baseball hat. Tory's got on a blue vest over a green long-sleeved shirt with some jeans and blue Converse.

"Drachmas?"

"Check."

"Money?"

"Check."

"Clothes?"

"Check."

"Weapons?"

They whip out their weapons. "Check." they say, grinning like maniacs.

"Crazy murderer grins that are REALLY starting to freak me out?" I ask.

They turn towards me. "The voices in our head are telling us to say check." they say, tilting their heads to look even crazier.

"All right, then, let's get this freak show on the road."

"Miss Jackson." Chiron comes up behind me. "I bid thee safe travel."

"I bid thee luck with the Hermes cabin." I reply, smiling.

He groans. "Don't remind me. I have a feeling we're going to lose quite a bit of valuables."

Connor hugs Tory's shoulder. "Ah, family." They sigh. Then Tory shoves her hand in Connor's face to ruin the moment.

"THAT'S true family." I laugh.

Argus comes up and nods towards the camp truck.

"Let's get going." I say.

"Good luck." Percy says, coming up to say goodbye.

"Thanks, we'll probably need it. I'll miss you. Take care of Blackjack for me." I hug him.

"Don't you mean Alcina?" he asks.

"You're going to WISH I meant Alcina." I smile.

"Got it. He's gonna get hurt, isn't he?" he shakes his head.

"Probably." I smile. "Love you."

"Love you." he says as we pile into the truck.

"Bye, Percy! Bye, Travis! We'll miss you!" all three of us call as the truck starts to pull away.