Chapter 1

"Percy!" I yelled as I tackled my twin brother. Yes that's right, Percy Jackson's my twin brother.

I'm Victoria Jackson, daughter of Poseidon. I'm older by 5 minutes and I look like Percy, with the exception of my hair. I take after our mom, Sally Jackson, and I have her brunette hair. It goes halfway down my back in waves like the sea. I swear to my aunts and uncles that joke was unintentional. Other than that, we're exactly the same.

Anyway, Percy didn't know I existed until after he defeated Kronos. We were seperated at birth in New York. I was raised under the sea by my father, while Percy was raised by Mom in New York. My relationship with Amphitrite and Triton - Dad's wife and merman son - is kind of like an aunt and cousin relationship. I mean, we like each other, but whenever Percy's around it's . . . tense, to say the least.

Anyways, I couldn't meet Percy till after he "fulfilled the prophecy" and turned 16. That's right, 16 birthdays WITHOUT my twin brother. It was Hades every year.

But now I'm at Camp Half Blood and can't be happier. Percy and I are totally in sync and I'm best friends with his girlfriend, Annabeth. The Neireids (water spirits) are kind of like my hairstylists, but mostly the gossippy part. They try to do my hair but whenever I want, I can put up a force field-like current that pushes them away. They insist on keeping me posted on all the Olympic gossip.

Oh, and you know Blackjack, Percy's pegasus? Well, he fell head over wings in love with my pegasus, Alcina, whose name means strong minded in Greek. I couldn't have named her better myself. She's the most strong minded mythical flying horse birthday present I ever communicated with. She's pearl white with matching eyes. But for the gods sake, don't call her a pretty pony. It took me forever to calm her down, and Blackjack was emotionally scarred afterwards. He thought he was flirting, but then he took a hoof to the wing.

Hey! I almost forgot about kateyitha (pronounced a as in Arm, e as in catEgories, y as in Yield and th as in THe), my sword. It means tempest, or violent storm in Greek. It's Percy's sword, anaklusmos' (which means riptide in Greek), twin. But instead of a pen, kateyitha is disguised as a ring made by whoever forged anaklusmos. It has cool fish on it that swim whenever Dad, Percy, or Tyson, my cyclops brother, need to talk.

Something else you need to know about me: I've been a lot of places in my 16 years and have gotten on a lot of good sides. I've ticked off some important people too, but I'm not as, what's the word . . . impulsive as my brother. Love him to death, but he's not as skilled in the art of holding his tongue as he is in saving the world. My point being, I have soooooo many gifts as a result of a whole lot of butt saving, so don't be surprised if I suddenly have an amazing, definitely-not-Poseidon-like ability. Just a heads up.

Anywho, (yeah, I just said anywho) right now I'm tackling Percy in a bear hug. I was gone that week for Triton's 1600 birthday.

"Annabeth!" I squeel, bearhugging her.

"Hey, Little Mermaid!" she greeted me with my nickname. It's Little Mermaid because, like Ariel, I spend a whole lot of time under the sea.

"What's up, Wisegirl? So what'd I miss?" I ask.

"Well, we have a battle strategy against the Ares cabin for capture the flag tomorrow night, but it needs some perfecting. You up for it?" Percy asks.

"Of course!" I reply excitedly.

"So, how'd you deal?" Annabeth asked.

" It was the fishiest birthday party yet! And I've been to 15 others! But I gotta hand it to them, those merpeople know how to get their freak on!" I laugh.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms grab me by my waist and another pair grab me by my feet.

"Connor! Travis! Come on, it's only been a week!" I exclaim as I was lovingly hugged/mugged by the Stoll brothers.

"We know. We just wanted to see if you missed us."

"I did, but I didn't miss the fact that you just stole my party favor from Dad. Now, cough up my sand dollar, and Alcina's package of sea apples."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Travis replied.

"I'm hurt that you would even accuse us of such a thing." Connor agreed.

"They're behind your backs. Now, you and I both know that those things aren't useful to you. Now cough 'em up." I say.

Before they can, though, said party favors went flying out out from behind their backs into my hands.

"Thank you, Wise Girl." I tell Annabeth as she takes off her magic Yankees cap.

"My pleasure, Little Mermaid." she replies, laughing.

"No fair! Magic items weren't in the specifics!" Connor and Travis complain.

"Oh suck it up. I thought you were Greek warriors." Percy laughs.

"Come on Percy, let's go perfect the battle strategy for tomorrow night." Annabeth said.

"All right. You coming, Victoria?" he asks.

Just as I'm about to say yes, I hear Connor and Travis pipe up, "Actually, we want to talk to you for a minute."

I give them a confused look before saying, "I'll catch up. I'm gonna go see Alcina first."

"See you later, then." Annabeth calls, walking away with Percy.

I nod, then turn to the stables. "Well, come on spit it out." I say to Connor and Travis, who now look strangely nervous.

"Um, actually could we talk in private?" Connor asks.

"Please?" Travis adds.

"Sure, I guess." 'My first day back and people are already acting weird.' I think as I follow them away from the stables.