Twenty-Three.

Dear Toby,

                I don’t think you should be afraid of the thought of never speaking to your family again when you eventually leave home. Firstly I think this because I feel like maybe everyone has had that thought at some point- myself included- and secondly because I believe that even if you only talk to one person for the rest of your life, as long as that person makes you happy and you are fulfilled then that’s okay. I don’t see any reason for people to force themselves into situations they can’t stand. It’s sort of a waste of life, in my opinion. Just because you’re related to someone doesn’t mean you’re stuck with them.

 Thank-you for trying to make me feel better about what happened between you and your friends. I don’t know what I would have done if I had ruined everything for you. I never want you to feel ostracized, and it might kill me if I were the cause- it really might. Correct me if I’m wrong but I feel like I know you better than anyone- except Thea, of course. And I know how you really think, and you deserve the best of everything. You really do.

 Please don’t hate yourself. I know it’s a dumb thing to say, really, it is. Personally it annoys me greatly when people make comments like that. Comments like that aren’t going to make everything better, no matter how bad we want them to. So even if what I say doesn’t comfort you in any way, hopefully my believing it will help you have faith in me. I promise to always have faith in you too.

                Love,
                Jack.