Chapitre Dix-Neuf: Incroyable Trahison

Erik just sits there staring at the keys of the organ, he frequently looks back towards me as if checking if I was real and if I was still there.  He seemed to want to play but something else played in his eyes.  Perhaps in was confusion, loneliness, and that he was unsure.  I could relate to what he was feeling, I was lonely like he was, and unsure of all my actions, thoughts and why I was still here, why the twins did not kill me or the police come and lock me away.  The answer to that was quite simple, they did not know where I was.  I watch all the emotions and thoughts pass through his eyes as they flicker around the lair.  I relax my shoulders not saying anything, letting Erik think though his thoughts.  I want to say something to reassure him, I just do not know what to say that would make him not question me.  Maybe I can show him it is actually me... My hand reaches up and hovers over my mask, I place it on the porcelain.  I feel Erik's eyes snap to me.  I move my hand away from my mask, leaving it in its place.  What was I thinking, I cannot show him this... this... this face, this thing he would never look at me the same again.  

Erik's eyes are still on me and he says, "What ever is wrong Mademoiselle?"

I turn towards Erik so our eyes meet, "What can I do to prove that it is truly me and not a figment of your imagination?  I know you are questioning me.  I know you are questioning if it is truly me who sits before you.  I have done the same thing, I do not trust easily except...."

"Except?" Erik questions.

"For what ever reason, I trusted you since I have met you," I say looking down at my hands.

His breath hitches and he looks at me using his finger to lift my chin up,  I stare into his eyes studying them.  What I do not notice his his other hand, it was reaching towards my mask.  I realize this when it was too late.  Right when I notice I find myself filling with so much anger, hatred, sadness, betrayal, strength, and madness.  

I push him back hard enough to send him off of the bench before he sees anything.  Turning my back towards him facing a mirror that was covered up.  I snatch the curtain off of it and look at myself for a second before snatching a candle stick on my left smashing the expensive mirror.  I feel myself start shouting at my Erik.

 "Damn you!

You little prying Pandora

You little demon

Is this what you wanted to see?

Curse you, you little lying Delilah!

You little viper

Now you cannot ever be free!

Damn you, curse you..."

I smirk and turn around towards Erik who was yet to stand up.  Covering my face with my hand I begin singing,

"Stranger than you dreamt it

Can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me

This loathsome gargoyle

Who burns in hell, But secretly yearns for heaven

Secretly, secretly...

But Erik..."

I was about a little under one hundred yards from him now.  I still had my back faced towards him.  A thought appears in my head and I smirk and roughly turn towards him walking towards the man.

"Fear can turn to love

You'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster

This repulsive carcass