Chapitre Dix: Pris à L'orgue

Happy New Year!

~The Author

_______________________________________________________

I face the man once more, he looks at me gives a slight nod and walks quickly back to his organ.  He seems to be at his organ a lot and I seem to be following him to it a lot.  He takes a seat on it and begins to play a soft tune, then stops looking towards me motioning me to come closer to the organ to read the music and perhaps sing it.  I shake my head setting my hands out in front of me stepping back.

I quickly say, "I do greatly appreciate your kindness Monsieur, but I must get back to the Opera.  It must be starting soon and I want to watch Carlotta butcher it or perhaps interfere with it a bit like last time."

The Phantom stands, "There are many other operas my dear."

"Yes I know, but I must get going," I say before grabbing my new cloak and walking towards the curtain which I entered from.

He follows me, "I will bring you back so you do not fall into any of the traps that are set."

I nod and let him in front of me so he can lead the way.  We walk in silence both of our feet not making any noise on the stone beneath us.  I step where he steps and walk where he walks.  My cape flaring behind me as I walk behind the man.  The Phantom walks quickly through the hidden hallways, I map my way through in my mind so if I ever come back I know where all the traps are so I do not get caught in them.  

I also map out a plan in my head for tonight's opera.  I won't interfere with Carlotta but I will with Madame Giry.  I know from the last opera that she most likely will stay behind to investigate to find me.  If I were to expose myself to her even just a voice I wonder if she would recognize me.  She never really paid that much attention to me and she might not recognize my voice, time will tell.  After a few more twists and turns the Phantom stops in front of me and motions to the door.  I give him a slight nod before going through the door arriving at the place I was before I went down to his lair.  I look down from the balcony and see people waiting for the opera to begin.  I smirk as I go to the rafters on the stage to observe the back stage commotion.  I avoid the wandering eyes of the scene changers and stage hands as I walk in the shadows of the stage.  I walk around trying to find the ballerinas and Madame Giry.  Usually they are waiting in the front near the singers but since they do not go on in the first few songs they are towards the back near a big group of stage hands.  The ballerinas are all around Madame Giry receiving a talk from her.  She goes on about things about dancing that I do not know about.  

I was never into dancing since I was not aloud to, and when my grandfather was alive we only sung and played the piano.  If I tried I probably would be able to sing and play again but it would not flow how it should, like how the Phantom played and sang.  I step more into the shadows as I hear the music start to play and see a rush of singers and a few dancers run onto the stage to get into their positions.  From my place I look over to box five to see like during rehearsal both Christine and Raoul sitting in it.  

That place belongs to the Phantom.  

I see something out of the corner of my eye that makes me sink back farther into the shadows.  A stage hand, a new stage hand.  He was probably a bit older than me, near twenty-four who was walking towards me to get a prop.  The man was wearing a simple blue shirt and brown pants with many pockets holding many objects that he needed to bring back to the singers.  He also had dirty blonde hair that keeps falling into his face and chestnut brown eyes.  His eyes pass up me not seeing me as he reaches past me to grab a fan for Carlotta to use in Act 2.  

He walks down a nearby stair case and half runs over to Carlotta presenting the fan to her.  She grabs it savagely from his hands and pushes him away making him stumble backwards,  he risks a glare towards her direction before walking away towards the dancers holding two new pairs of shoes for Meg and another girl who I believe her name is Beatrice.  I keep my eyes on him until he disappears behind a piece of the set.  I growl and turn towards the direction of Carlotta.  I surge of anger fills me as I push a set off of the rafter into the middle of the stage, it hitting the ground with a large crash.  Carlotta scurries out of the way but trips in the process and falls on the stage.  I smirk and let out a dark laugh before disappearing through on of the doors to go back onto the balcony.