Chapitre Six: La Vengeance sur un Crapaud couche

The sun is almost at its peak when I slide off the gargoyle and onto the flat roof. I slowly walk around the room taking in the scenery, even the roof mocks me, all of the Opera House does with it's grand doors, beautiful designs and flawless structure. The brick and roofing of the Opera House shines in the light of day, I glare at it in disgust. I continue to explore the rest of the roof until I hear a squeak of a door opening then closing, as quick as a leopard I hide behind a gargoyle listening to who is on the roof. There are a pair of feet shuffling towards the edge of the roof then they stop, out of curiosity I peak around the corner without being seen, to see the one the only Christine Daae alone of the roof looking over Paris. She mumbles things to herself I cannot quite make out as she gazes at Paris. Her eyes glow with worry and fright as she sees the police run down the block with their guns, probably searching for me. I smirk as they disappear into the rest of town away from me. Christine's shoulders relax again and she begins to sing to herself in her marvelous voice, yet it seemed to be more scratchy than it use to be-

Think of me, think of me fondly

when we've said goodbye remember me, once in a while

please promise me you'll try

when you find, that once again you long

to take your heart back and be free

if you ever find a moment,

spare a thought for me

She suddenly stops and runs out the door down the staircase towards the theater. Maybe something spooked her? Maybe someone called her? I don't know, because one thing is for sure she did not see me. When I know everyone is down on the stage practicing or watching the practice I sneak down the stairs and towards the stage taking a few secret passages I only know of that I found when I wondered around at night. I know there are more, so I guess I will just have to find them later. I smirk as I make my way to box five where the old Opera Ghost sat, maybe here I will be able to hide without being seen if not I will just have to watch from the rafters. I make my way to box five when I get there it is vacant so I sit down in it watching the practice unfold as Carlotta yells at people, and sings, and yells at people, and sings, and yells at people while singing. Geez that woman is truly nuts, I wonder what I could do to her to make her the laughing stock of the show.... An idea once again pops into my head, yes the old Phantom made her croak like a toad, maybe this time put some toads in her wig and dye her hair the color of a toad. Yes that is perfect, I am not hurting her just messing with her. I know personally she is getting her hair fixed and dyed tonight before she goes to sleep so I just need to switch the dyes up and somehow get the toads into her wig tomorrow right before the curtain opens. I let out a small chuckle them leave box five.

I hurry in the shadows to the Prima Donna room. The door is left unlocked so I let myself in going right to her vanity and going into the cabinet with the hair dye in it, I switch the bottle with a bottle of green that I picked up on the way here in the room of one of the other singers. I smirk, and catch my face in the mirror. I see myself with my mask on and black dress and quickly look away not wanting to see myself. I then hurry out of the room and back towards the theater and box five. I make a mental note to get new clothing preferably pants and a shirt instead of the gown. Yes I love the gown but it makes to much noise, not a lot, just a small swish when I turn corners but to much. I much rather have what I use to wear but then I would get recognized straight away from Madame Giry. Maybe black pants, a black corset and black lace up boots? Yes perfect! I shall get that.

I ignore the rest of the practice wanting to get away from Carlotta's horrible voice and head towards the clothing store I went to yesterday. Once I got into town I had to be extra careful even on the roof because of the watchful eyes below looking out for any suspicious activity. I quickly jump from roof to roof not getting noticed by the eyes of the police and arrive at my destination. I slide down the trap door I found on the roof into the shop. I instantly spot what I am looking for once I turn around, the black pants and black corset. I quickly grab it along with a pair of black boots on the other side of the wall and sneak back onto the roof using the counters as a stool to get back up without falling and making noise.

I hop from roof to roof and once again arrive at the Opera House. Slipping in and out of hallways I arrive like before in box five with rehearsals going on still. Carlotta demanding more rehearsal because someone stepped on her dress or someone made it sound bad when she is the one making the whole opera suck. I watch as I quickly slide on my pants and boots along with the black corset. I smile in relief when I finish changing and look down at myself, I feel much better and look more intimidating and now you can't hear me as I walk. I throw the gown into a hidden passage way quickly as I move my way around after the rehearsals.

I smirk as I hear Carlotta scream, she probably just figured out that she had the wrong hair dye after she put it in her hair. I laugh as I make my way up to the roof of the Opera House.

Peut-être Madame c'est vous qui est le crapaud.