Chapitre Huit: Vicomte Ivre

I decided to change the title of the book from Why would I be Afraid of you to Look with Your Heart and Not with Your Eyes. Thank you for all that are reading this book! If you have any ideas of your own that you would like to see in this book feel free to leave a comment or message me! Hope you enjoy this chapter. I am done with testing and I am on break right now so the chapters will go back to being posted every other day. I get to see Phantom of the Opera in a week! It was a present from my mom, so I will try to have a chapter ready before than for you guys during that week so I don't skip a day. Hope your Christmas was good! Enjoy this chapter and feel free to comment your input on it!

~The Author

I end up curled up in the corner of the roof to sleep, since I do not know where to sleep and it was warm enough to sleep up here. I hide myself in the farthest and darkest corner of the roof and use my ripped cape as a blanket. No one dared come up here in the middle of the night, not after the strange affair of the Phantom of the Opera. Everyone thinks he is dead, he isn't but still won't come up here in the fear of getting dragged away. Yes the Phantom was angry and mean to me a second ago but he also showed a side of himself without really realizing it. He showed a side that was caring but also hurt and distraught. When he found out I really needed the mask, that it was not just an act it was like someone flipped a switch, he went from being furious to kind and gentle. He also showed that he was not like everyone makes him to be. He didn't seem like the person to kill without reason, much like me. If someone was to be killed there was a reason to it. This man was not a monster he was very much man, he had emotions and feelings even though he did not mean to show them I saw that he did. I can read people easily and he was not an exception. While in thought I feel myself falling into the darkness and I awake the following day to a door opening on the roof.

I jump up and sink farther into the shadows at the sudden noise and presence on the roof. Expecting it to be Christine because the Phantom would not have made such a ruckus I slide behind a statue near by to watch her. Yet it was not Christine nor the Phantom it was Raoul. I sink deeper into the darkness of the shadows. Raoul waltzes up to the edge of the roof, I fight the urge to go push him off. My mind wants to push him not for Christine but for hurting the Phantom. I watch him closely as he leans over it then lets out a small laugh. He reeks of alcohol and he walks with a slight wobble. He clearly is drunk, using this as an advantage I sneak a bit closer to him still in the shadows, trying to see what he is doing. I guess that both him and Christine like to escape to the roof to sing because he begins to sing to himself in a low and shaky voice while taking out a flask and looking over Paris.

She looks for sympathy

I give her sorrow

She asks for honesty

I've none to borrow

She needs my tender kiss

She begs it off me

I give her ugliness

Why does she love me?

She yearns for higher things

Things I can't give her

The rush that music brings

I can't deliver And even when she sings

And soars above me

I try to clip her wings

Why does she love me?

He like Christine stops abruptly but instead of running out of the door he turns around dropping his flask in the process. He looks around putting his hand to his waist as if to grab a sword or a knife but not having one. I let out a silent chuckle one that he can not hear as I watch his surprised face when he notices it is gone. While he was stuck in his trace singing I was able to take it from him, it was easy really this man was out of it. I could have stood up in front of him while slapping him on the face and he still wouldn't have seen me. I hold his sword in my left hand looking at it then at his face still shock written upon it. After a few minutes of staring around in shock he walks quickly to the door and leaves the roof.