The Devil's Due

It was looking at a ghost from my past, I still couldn't believe it. Hours after finding him hanging bloody in a crypt I still had a hard time accepting that he was really here. His breathing was nice and slow as he lay on my bed. Being the only one comfortable with touching or moving him, I'd changed his clothes stealing a tank top and sweatpants from Klaus. He'd been unconscious for god only knows how long, I was worried he might never wake up. Though I smile fondly as I recalled all the times he would sleep for hours and then wake up expecting breakfast at three o' clock in the afternoon.

Brushing the hair out of his face, I smile.  "I missed you." I expect nothing but more silent breathing, but instead, a groan escapes his lips startling the hell out of me.

"Missed... you too sweetheart." He laughs and blinks, slowly attempting to sit up. I support him as he continues to groan and curses under his breath. He settles into a more comfortable position and smiles wide-eyed at me, realizes I'm no longer a dream in his head but a real person he could touch.

"Oh my god, you're real..." He laughs in disbelief and grabs my hand. 

"I'm real I promise..." We embrace each other like two people who hadn't seen each other in ten years.

"I-  I've missed so much... I'm sorry..." The few tears building in my eyes trickles down my face as I shake my head saying he has nothing to apologize for. I laugh and begin to delve into everything he's missed over the last ten years.

"She'd been holding me for a couple weeks. She brought me back about the same time she did some guy named Ansel. She wanted information on you... I refused to tell her anything."

"Yea Jack and I met Ansel. He was... interesting."

"Wow... you and Jack huh?" I roll my eyes as he laughs assuring me it's perfectly fine. 

"It's been ten years, I know you moved on and I'm ok with it. I want you to be happy. Plus you know he's not bad on the eyes."  He smiles smugly, I give him a playful shove. Though I regret it as he grits his teeth trying not to show pain as he moves.

"It's fine just taking a while to get the Wolfsbane out of my system and kickstart my healing." He shifts uncomfortably against the pillows. 

"Well, I know something that might help you recover." He raises an eyebrow in confusion as to what I mean. I turn towards the door with the biggest smile on my face.

"Hey, sweetheart you can come in now. I know you're out there." Adam sits up with his eyes trained on the door trying to piece together what's going on. Savannah peaks in the doorway looking curious and embarrassed at being caught spying. I motion for her to come closer, turning to Adam who looks at Savannah with a mild degree of shock.

He looks to me looking overwhelmed as he realizes he's face to face with his daughter after ten years of being dead.

"This that?...." He can hardly finish his sentence.

"Yes, yes it is. She's been peeking in periodically to spy." I lean in whispering in his ear. Savannah shuffles over and waves shyly, she shuffles closer so that I can pick her up and put her on the bed. 

"Savannah, sweet girl... I know you may not recognize him. But Savannah I want you to meet your dad." Adam wipes stray tears from his eyes he holds out his hand, not really sure what to say or what to do.

Savannah goes from unsure to crawling over to him and throwing herself into a hug, something her father gladly accepts with a mild degree of shock.

"Hi... I missed you so much." Our daughter had a remarkable memory of us, despite having been taken away at only a year old. But I was glad she was able to meet her father after all. I scoot closer as the father and daughter hug tightly, Adam pulls me in and the three of us embrace as I've dreamed about for months.