Storm Brewing [✔️]

( A Closer Walk With Thee)

I'd managed to enjoy an entire ten minutes of peace and quiet before Elijah and Klaus followed by a mysterious ginger witch bust through the door carrying an unconscious Hayley.

"Oh my god, what the hell happened?!" I ask jumping off the couch and running over as they lay her out on the dining table

"We don't know we were following the funeral procession and she just collapsed."

"Well, that's useful." Klaus gives me a look telling me my sarcasm and particular brand of sass isn't helpful right now.

"I can help--" The ginger witch starts to say before Elijah interrupts.

"Don't you touch her!" He pushes her away from the table.

"Let it be, Elijah. She was a nurse."

"I can help too. I might not have been a nurse but I know a couple spells that won't hurt to try." The woman who introduces herself as Genevieve gladly accepts my help. 

"There's a spell we can do. Klaus, get chamomile from the pantry." As he runs off to gather the other ingredients, Hayley starts to shiver. "She's trembling. Your jacket, Elijah."

"She's not breathing, I can hear the baby's heartbeat, but not hers." I check Hayley's pulse and realize it's fading fast.

"Dammit, we're losing her!"

Genevieve and I hold the damp bundle of chamomile against Hayley's forehead and start chanting a spell in French/Creole 

"Coeur la sais Patri Avec mwen. Coeur la sais Patri Avec mwen." Klaus, frustrated and scared, bites into his wrist and dribbles in into Hayley's mouth in hopes that it will heal her. I realize they're scared, Klaus of losing the baby and Elijah of losing her.  If by some miracle I were to catch feelings for him, he could never love me as much as he no doubt loves her.

And I'm ok with that ...

"Come on!" He looks at Elijah in fear. 

"She's still not breathing. It's not working!" He angrily throws a table against the brick wall, shattering it into pieces.

"HEY! I realize you're both scared of losing her and I am too but breaking furniture isn't going to help. Elijah go take care of the twins, you're not doing any good here." He gives me the most emotionally defiant look I've but I return the look. I've grown attached to her and I refuse to lose her.

"Couer la sais Patri Avec mwen."

 "I'm taking her to a real doctor." Klaus tries to pick her up but I reach out and block him

 I look him a stern but pleading look. "If you move her from here, the spell will break. There won't be enough time to get her to a hospital.

"Will the baby survive if delivered now?" He tries to make another move to her body. " I'll rip it out of her myself!" 

This man is freaking insane! "Hayley will bleed to death!"

" I won't lose that baby. "

" I won't lose either of them. " I shoot back.  I look him in the eyes feeling his panic and rush of adrenaline.

"Patri Avec mwen. Coeur la sais Patri Avec mwen." I can see an almost blurry vision of a young girl casting the original spell on Hayley. But it quickly changes to a vision of the twins right after they were born. There is no way in hell Genevieve should be able to see that unless Sophie had told her before she died. That bitch did lie to me! I knew there was something off about her, but if the witches know about the twins they must be waiting for Hayley to have her baby before grabbing all three kids. I knew the fact that someone hadn't made a move to grab them or hurt them yet.