Blood Filled Nightmare

Klaus loads Mikael's body into the trunk of his SUV.  He closes the trunk door and sighs just before I lean up against the trunk door, not only was my body battered and tired but it was I'd hardly had a moment to myself all day.  

Inside the trunk, Mikael regains consciousness and fights the pain from the dagger. He groans in agony as he reaches into his chest and finally pulls the blade out

After throwing Mikael's body in the trunk of the SUV I argue with an extremely annoyed Klaus on whether or not to check on Davina. The crickets chirping loudly in the cool night air doesn't help to cool the burning frustration I felt.

"She's just a kid! For god's sake, you probably gave her a concussion!" 

"This child tried to use my father to kill me! Reagan he nearly killed you!" He yells equally as frustrated.

"So just because she wants to help her friends means she has to die?!"

"She presents a clear and present danger to all of us!! You of all people should understand that!" My frustration builds until I snap and slap him hard across the face. I sneer and stick my finger in his face.

"You don't get to tell me what I should and should not understand! In there is an innocent young girl that's just trying to survive when practically everything around her is trying to kill her. So you can head on home I'm going to stay with her until she wakes up." Spinning on my heel before storming back to the cabin.

I'm less worried about myself and more worried about the fact that Klaus might have killed an innocent kid. She may have unleashed Mikael and that alone makes her incredibly stupid but she cares for her friends. A part of her reminds me of myself, her determination and sass is another thing to be admired.  Waiting until I catch the attention of her male friend do I step inside quietly, it's at times like this I'm glad I'm not a vampire. The young man introduces himself as Kaleb, his short, dirty blonde curly hair and tall frame make him the perfect kind of guy for Davina. Though there is something about him that I don't quite trust.

I kneel down beside her and check for her pulse, breathing a sigh of relief when I find it. Having Kaleb help me move her to the musty old couch in an effort to make her more comfortable.

" We should get her to a hospital." 

Kaleb turns to Klaus with a smirk as he appears in the doorway. "Oh, hello darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

Klaus looks down at him unamused.   "You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

I groan. "Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break." 

Kaleb smirks turning to me sweetly almost flirty.  "Yeah, she's right. You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Hey! Shut it. Just because I'm helping you doesn't mean I like you."

"I promised not to kill Davina, I said nothing of this insolent sod." Kaleb smiles devilishly as I stand up grab Klaus by the shirt collar and drag him outside.

"Come here, you damn idiot."  Klaus continues to stare suspiciously at Kaleb as I pull him onto the porch.   "A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with the damn stake, and you didn't. You're not going to kill this kid with it, either! No matter how annoying he is."  Klaus looks into the cabin, where Kaleb is still tending to Davina. 

Klaus sighs.  "Fine." 

I sigh, nodding my thanks.  "Thank you." 

Klaus reluctantly offers the stake and the keys to me, much to my shock.  "Go get the car, let's take her to hospital."  I smile at him almost impressed at this seemingly mature move before turning around and heading to the car.