Interlude III

December 28, 2012 (Saturday)

      It was almost considered a success for us scientists to finally resolve the dilemmas of the world’s most fatal diseases, and before this year ends, we are hoping to finalize everything that we have worked for. But everything turned into a total mess. As the head investigator for this study, given the results of some of our clinical trials for the alternative solution, our assumptions for the reversal of this phenomenon are giving us hope that this can be cured.

     I’m writing this down with the intention of keeping an account of my standpoint of this unspeakable incident. With our minds all set in nothing but the benefits of the warrior cell in fighting these incurable diseases, I admit that we were wrong. The field of medicine is never perfect. Everything has its drawbacks, and now we are indeed experiencing that shortcoming. With the ongoing study aside from the observed, critical symptoms manifested by the patients, our hopes are held high to test this so-called “cure” that we’re considering for our subjects. We have this sole hypothesis that there’s a certain genetic code that we have yet to identify to people with ocular aberrations, most specifically those which are inherited and innate, natural in layman’s terms.

    We have considered this rationale after the unfortunate fate of one of our colleagues here in this facility, after the unexpected attack of one of the infected patients. Subsequent to the assault, within a few seconds, the patient was seen to manifest stable signs of customary parameters – from having normal vital signs up to the loss of the aggressive movements and improvement in cognitive aspects. All of his violent behavior seemed to recede miraculously. The casualty of the attack, our colleague, was then considered to be part of the experimentation, despite the moral issues linked to his demise. We regret his passing, however, the phenomenon was too special to overlook and we had to do it in order to look for explanations to the sudden reversal of the patient. And yet, it turned out, with that specific genetic structure only associated with our colleague’s inborn visual irregularity, it was hypothesized to eradicate the virus strain upon quick contact on the bloodstream, and it was a miracle to consider how fast its effects were. We assumed that people with this hereditary condition have this special gene, and it is highly suggested to look for subjects with this kind of visual anomaly. Attached on this note are the lab results we had so far about the code.

     As of the moment, we’re observing the patient, and he’s in the state of recovery. Doctors were surprised, myself included, with his tremendous improvement– gaining his ability to speak again, as well as his ability to move normally and recall things, even his attack of the casualty. For now, everything’s still vague and too good to be true, but yes, I can fully confirm that this is one wonderful discovery that we plan to continue to study in order to correct our mistakes in giving birth to this deadly strain. One thing that we’re hoping for is to get complete and detailed answers as fast as possible, before any of the other patients cause hysteria and spread the virus outside the laboratory. We’re trying our best to keep the situation in control, for the sake of the safety of everyone in this country. I’ll write more notes when I can, and to the person who’s reading this, there’s still hope and there’s an answer to this, and rest assured, everything will be alright.

Dr. Ivan Gionell S. Schmidt,

Founder of Schmidt Institute, London, United Kingdom