Soundtrack

Here are the tracks featured on Take Me Home together with other songs that I think would be best played along as well.

1.)    It’s Time to Wake Up by Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne (Chapter 3: Dead Men Walking)

     Day after day, I would always hear them as I was trying my best to get myself off my bed. It was my motivation to wake up for another day, just relishing the time for a while to listen to their voices. That simple, silly alarm jingle sounded music to my ears, for it was the only thing that was making me remind of their existence—the blissful life that I had with my four best friends…with my four brothers.

2.)    I’m in Love with Your Best Friend by Elvis Presley (Chapter 3: Dead Men Walking)

     With nothing else to do to kill off the dreariness that the apocalypse had caused, I would play my first favorite song of my idol Elvis, singing to it to amuse myself with the soothing sound of his music as I bleakly worked on the necessary things I had to do in order to survive another day.

3.)    It Wasn’t Me by Shaggy (Chapter 6: A Promise to Keep)

     “Honey came in and she caught me red-handed, creeping with the girl next door;

     Picture this we were both butt-naked, banging on the bathroom floor;

     How could I forget that I have given her an extra key?

     All this time she was standing there, she never took her eyes off me.”

     That feeling of utmost pleasure that I felt, expressing my amusement all throughout my best friend’s silly dancing and rapping as he was preparing a momentary buffet to satisfy our desires of having a delectable meal after a long time. I couldn’t be more ecstatic to have Niall back in my life, seeing him unchanged with his comical gestures, who never fails to bring a smile back on my face. To aid up the monotony that the apocalypse had brought, I joined in with the beguiling reggae rap song just like in the old days, recalling our short adaptation of the song in one of our video diaries. Singing happily with Niall was just amazing, and I couldn’t ask for more.

4.)    Through the Dark by One Direction (Chapter 6: A Promise to Keep)

     “You tell me that you’re hurt, and you’re in pain,

     And I can see your head is held in shame,

     But I just wanna see your smile again,

     See you smile again.”

     I couldn’t be any happier when I finally found someone—that special person whom I could trust, someone I could love amidst the ongoing apocalypse. It was my best friend, and I had waited for so long to finally be with someone to dismiss my solitude.

     “But don’t burn out,

      Even if you scream and shout,

     It will come back to you,

     And I’ll be here for you.”

     With all his heart tired out, Niall picked up my guitar and played along the nylon strings, strumming them with such grace that harmonized with his amazing voice as he sang this song. It was his message of strength and faith to me, letting me know how much he would do anything to protect and save me. Niall would always see me poignant most of the time, and as much as possible, he wanted to make me happy. He wanted to see me smile. He kept thinking that he was not good enough for me, so he was trying his best to be that person who I could count on. It was his way of telling me that he would always be with me until they would find the way through it all. He had no idea how much I love him, and I wanted to tell him that he was more than enough for me.