Chapter 6

Once the woman was dead in her own house, I felt better this time. I was sort of scared after I killed Don, but this time didn't affect me. It was actually fascinating to me, to see the ghost escape her body.

I was all alone in this strange woman's—whose name was Jane—house. It was very quiet and it sounded like this house had no electricity.

I wonder what Mr. and Mrs. Ian did or said when they banged on the door numerous times, but there was no answer, when they barged in the room and I wasn't there, and when they stumbled upon the note I laid out and if they thought it was just some bad joke.

I was all alone with my thoughts, really, and I felt like the woman was alive, invisible, but alive, staring at me and shaking her head as regretting to take me into her house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You selfish whore! Don't stop until we get enough money," Mom screamed at me as she crossed her legs and sat in the scratched-up and ruined furniture chair in the corner of the room.

I cried as the strange man was just there, Mom didn't care that she was making me do these bad things just for her and her money. She was young when she did all this bad stuff, when she gave birth to me, but now I am beyond young, way younger than she's ever done this stuff, and I'm being forced to.

"No," I cried. I was young but no longer innocent and I didn't want to do this anymore, I've never wanted to do this.

When I was finally found, I remember being bombarded with questions, even though I was so young they knew I couldn't answer so many at once. The news got out everywhere, I remember it all. I will never forget it.

"Her mother—who is now taken into custody for the many crimes she's committed—was an extremely abusive prostitute. She regularly forced her daughter, Kayla, to perform sexual acts on her clients starting at the age of four."

When I snapped out of my thoughts, it was quiet. Too quiet. I looked around, I was still in this house. The television was shut off, the woman was strangled to death in the corner by the telephone. I thought I would be scared. After all the scary things I've experienced and witnessed in my life, this doesn't seem to scare me at all.

The memories are what ruined me since the beginning. Why was I so upset my mother died? She was nothing, to me at least. I try to make myself believe I once had a life with her, but I never did. She was the one who was always crazy and made me 'perform' and do bad things to strange old men, just for her. She did it herself too, it was all for money. But that isn't the only thing she's done to me, let alone the worst.