Chapter 18

When I went home, I told Michi about what happened and she smiled.

"That's wonderful, Hotaru. However...DONT OVERUSE YOUR HOSHIGAN AGAIN, UNDERSTOOD?" she yelled, and anime tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Yes ma'am..." I mumbled, and her smile returned to her face. She trained me for a while and taught me different water style Jutsu. She also taught me how to control my hair better and make barriers. After that, I went to sleep.

The next morning, we met up at a forest.

"Woah, nice place! What is it?" Naruto asked.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th Battle Training Zone. But we call it the Forest of Death," Anko replied.

"The forest of...death?" Naruto stuttered.

Suddenly, a box camouflaged as a rock started chasing Naruto.

"That's the worse disguise I've ever seen! There's no such thing as square rocks! It's completely obvious!" Naruto yelled and a voice was heard from inside the box.

"You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick, boss. Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival!" a squeaky voice said.

The box glowed and multiple clouds of smoke filled the area. Coughs were heard, which made me raise an eyebrow.

"I think we used too much gunpowder, you guys," Konahamaru told his friends and continued coughing. I sweatdropped. This kid again...

"I'm Moegi! The sassiest girl in preschool, check me out!" the girl with orange hair introduced.

"I love Algebra! Call me Udon!" the chubby kid with glasses continued.

"And I'm the number 1 ninja in the village, Konahamaru! And when we're all together-"

"We're the Konahamaru ninja squad!" the kids said all together.

"Yeah, I knew it was you guys the whole time," Naruto said, his hands resting on the back of his head. "What do you losers want? I'm getting ready to take the second phase of the Chunin Exams, and you're interrupting me. I don't have time for you stupid games right now."

"We didn't come to play around, boss! We're here on official business!" Konahamaru clarified.

"Yeah, that's right! We came here for an exclusive interview," Moegi defended.

"An interview, huh?" Naruto asked thoughtfully.

"Yup! We're on an assignment of writing an article for the Academy's newspaper. It's a big-time feature story about the Chunin Selection Examinations!" Konahamaru explained.

"So that's why we want to do an exclusive interview with you. Please tell us you'll do it," Moegi added.

"Yeah, it would mean a lot," Udon pleaded and sniffed. He always had a runny nose.

"Yeah, but right now?" Naruto grumbled.

"Hey! You over there! What are you doing? You're holding up the exams," Anko yelled at Naruto.

"Uh sorry, but Konahamaru was telling me something about an interview for the Academy newspaper," Naruto replied. She gasped and smiled sheepishly.