Chapter 14

"Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?" redhead, or Gaara, asked kitty boy, or Kankuro.

"I know. I, I mean, they challenged us. They started the whole thing, really. See, here's what happened-" Kankuro started to explain, but Gaara cut him off.

"Shut up. Or I'll kill you," he growled and this time my eyes widened. This guy was not normal, he was thirsty for blood, and his eyes were so cold.

"Ah right. I was totally out of line. I'm, I'm sorry, Gaara. I was totally out of line," kitty boy apologized fearfully. The read head faced us.

"I'm sorry for any trouble he caused," he said emotionlessly. Then, he dissolved into sand and reappeared next to his teammates. "Let's go. We didn't come here to play games."

"A-Alright, sure. I get it," kitty boy said and they were about to leave until Sakura interfered.

"Hold on! Hey!"

"What?" the blonde girl asked, the annoyance present in her voice.

"I can tell from your headband that you come from the Village Hidden in the Sand. Of course the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies. But no shinobi can enter another's village without permission. So state your purpose. And it better be good," she demanded and I face palmed.

"Sakura-" I tried to stop her, but the blonde interrupted.

"Really. Have you all been living under a rock or what? You don't know what's going on, do you? We have permission. Of course, you are correct. We are Hidden Sand Genin. Our home is the Land of the Wind. And we're here-" she started explaining until I muttered, "the Chunin exams." She looked at me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face.

"Well, well. So there IS someone aware of their surroundings," she remarked.

"The Chunin Exams? What's that? Well I've never heard of any Chunin exams, believe it," Naruto asked, a confused look on his face. I face palmed, again.

"I believe it alright, that you're totally clueless," she told Naruto and I sighed. She faced me. "It's too bad you're stuck on a team with clueless idiots."

Konahamaru started explaining what the Chunin exams were and I simply sighed.

"Hey, you! Identify yourself!" Sasuke yelled after them as they started walking away.

"Hm? You mean me?" the blonde asked, a blush and hopeful look on her face.

"No, him. The guy with the gourd on his back."

"My name is Gaara of the desert. I'm curious about you too. And the girl with the blue hair. Who are you?"

"Sasuke Uchiha," my teammate responded with a smirk.

"Hotaru Hamasaki," I replied, sudden seriousness overcoming my previous sarcasm. We glared at each other for a while until Naruto interrupted.

"Hi there. I'm sure you're dying to know my name, right?"

"I couldn't care less," he countered and walked away with his teammates. I sensed and saw three other people in the trees we were once in, but I decided not to say anything. Afterwards, we went home.

-Time Skip to the Next Day-

Although we were supposed to meet Kakashi-sensei at 7:30, I arrived at 9. To my luck, Kakashi-sensei still wasn't there. Naruto and Sakura glared at me.

"You're late!" they accused, but Naruto greeted me correctly afterwards. Sakura, who was still upset about yesterday, kept glaring at me. After perhaps half an hour of waiting, Kakashi arrived.