Prologue

Hello and welcome to this story. Warning: it's awful. I wrote this a few years back and I regret it honestly I should delete it but 🤷🏻‍♀️ anyways you've been warned, if it sucks, I told ya so. Anyways enjoy this cringe lolllll

————————

"Mama, let me in!" I screamed and banged against the door that was locked.

"Hotaru, forgive me for being weak," my mother sobbed until I heard her grunt. Her grip on the door loosened and I took the opportunity to push the door open. There lay mama with a kunai stuck in her heart, her hand gripping the ninja tool loosely.

"Mama!" I screamed and desperately tried to heal her with the weak medical ninjutsu she had been teaching me how to do.

"No, Hotaru, don't heal me, I want to die," she said softly and I stopped healing her. Tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Why do you want to die?" I whimpered.

"I hate being with you," she simply smiled as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

She was dead.

I screamed and jumped up, sweat covering my body.

Just another nightmare of what happened...

I sighed and checked the time. 6:30 am. That was perfect timing, not too early, not too late. I had enough time to shower, eat breakfast, and make it to the academy on time (8:30).

I grabbed a pair fresh clothes and stepped into my bathroom. I stripped from my white pajamas and step into the shower. After taking the long, warm, and relaxing shower, I slipped on my pastel purple qipao dress that had the Hamasaki clan emblem on the back, a star that was light blue, like the color of my hair. It represented people's inner strength and my kekkei genkai, Star Style.

I braided my baby blue waist length hair and rolled it up to a bun. While bothersome, I kept my hair extremely long because it was an ultimate weapon and defense. I didn't know how to control that well yet, but my daily training helps.

After finishing my necessities, I walked downstairs to the kitchen and ate eggs and toast. Once finished, I grabbed my weapon bag and made sure it was stocked with kunai and shuriken. I stepped out of my house, locked the door, and walked in the direction of the Academy.