Chapter 15

I was woken up by the delicious smell of food. At first, I was hypnotized by the smell, but then I realized, who would be making it? I snapped out of my food trance and tiptoed to the kitchen. Once I saw who it was, I remembered the events from the night before.

"Michi," I greeted and she smiled. She gave me a plate of food and I started eating.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"8:30."

"Ehhh that's okay, I won't be late," I said to myself and continued eating. Once I was done, I got dressed into my ninja clothes and left the house. I walked to the bridge and there we completed our usual missions. Then, I managed to grab a hold of Kakashi to talk to him.

"Kakashi sensei!" I called and he turned to face me.

"What do you need, Hotaru?" he asked and I showed him my application.

"In order to participate in the Chunin exams, you need to be part of a three-man squad, no more, no less," I stated bluntly and he sighed.

"So you know already? You're correct, and I have already arranged your placement with Lord Hokage," he stated and I nodded gratefully.

"Good, so who are my teammates?" I asked and he led me to two boys who were very familiar.

"Oh no..." I mumbled as the familiar redhead with green eyes smirked at me. "Tomoe..." I mumbled in disgust. The other was a boy who was Tomoe's best friend and was equally as annoying.

"Our other teammate got hurt in a mission and can't participate in the exams, so you're stuck with us. This is how our team should've been from the beginning," he said and my eyebrow twitched. I turned my head to Kakashi sensei and mouthed "no," but he smiled and poofed away. I groaned and faced the two boys.

"Alright, Tomoe, Jing, show me what you've got," I commanded and they did normal Taijitsu and could throw kunai and shuriken. I sighed.

"Useless...even Sakura is better than you two," I mumbled and they glared.

"Oh yeah? Like you can do better!" They yelled and I cackled.

"Fine. You asked for it." I activated my Hoshigan right from the start and started throwing different sized star shuriken at the dummies. I also used my hair to penetrate through trees. I created a Levitating Platform and shot out a barrage of needles from my hair. I decided to use a water style: water dragon and then went back down to the ground.

"Those are some of the Jutsu I can do. Would you like me to do Taijitsu and throw weapons as well?" I asked cockily and sarcastically. They stared at me wide-eyed and Tomoe cleared his throat.

"We're way out of your league," he mumbled quietly and I nodded.

"No duh."

We started working on teamwork and even helped them discover their chakra nature. I then taught them simple Jutsu and called it a night. The next day, we did the same thing for almost the whole day. I filled out my applications with my temporary team and we started reviewing Jutsu and chakra control.

That night, Michi and I trained. She taught me two different genjutsus and also taught me how to go into one's thoughts with the Hoshigan. I was able to do it, but it took complete concentration and it drained quite a lot of my chakra. Additionally, I could only keep it up for 15 minutes max. After training, I went to bed and made sure I got enough rest.

The next morning, I met up with my temporary team and team 7. They asked me where I had been the past two days and I titled my head.

"Did Kakashi not tell you?" I asked and they shook their heads. This made an idea pop up into my head.