Flawed Perfection Epilogue

• Dedicated to Everyone who's read this

I've finally finished!! This is the epilogue and the end! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Thanks.” Their teacher told me before I left. “It’s always nice to have speakers come in and teach them.”

“No problem.” I smiled and shut the classroom door, the numerous kids inside chattering away.

I heaved my giant bag on my shoulder, making my way out of the school. After leaving the hospital and finishing school I decided to become a speaker on eating disorders. After Kelly told me about her story I decided by sharing mine I could help others.

It’d been six years since I’d over come my eating disorder. I am now 24.

 I opened the main doors leading out of the school and saw Luke sitting out in the parking lot. I smiled at him and walked down the steps. 

“Hi Sweetheart!” I called waving to him.

He leaned over to open my door, grinning at me. “How’re you?” he asked when I, with difficulty, got into the car.

I grunted slightly, pulling the car door shut. “Fine.” I said with a yawn and threw my bag into the backseat. There was a loud thump of things falling out.

“I’ll get that for you later.” Luke chuckled at my scowl and kissed my lips. “You sound tired.” He commented.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. I fiddled with my wedding ring, yawning again. “Well you try carrying around a 10 pound baby.” I mumbled.

Luke smiled and leaned in close, giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead, his hand resting on my bloated stomach.

I’m eight months pregnant. It’s been hard for me.

Even after all the therapy and treatment weight had always been a sensitive topic for me. Luke and Hazel and everyone always watched out for me because every so often it would creep back up on me.

So of course when I first became pregnant and started gaining weight I didn’t know why. I almost relapsed back into it. Luke caught me having morning sickness and almost rushed me to the hospital, thinking I’d started back up again.

I had convinced him otherwise, telling him it was a one-time thing and I just had food poisoning. It didn’t help when I went on a bit of a health craze, limiting the amount of junk food in the house and eating smaller portions. Even after overcoming it I still felt the need to stay at a healthy weight.

Still I assured him that everything was all right and I wasn’t going back into it. I started to go to the gym for longer periods of time when my baby bump wouldn’t go away and I was still gaining weight. 

Luke started to notice I was always irritated and always hungry. He tried to make me eat more but I told him I was full. One night I felt sick, horribly sick. I didn’t eat anything at all and went to bed early.

The next day I threw up again and there was no convincing him. He seemed disappointed the whole way to the hospital. I kept telling him, over and over, that I wasn’t starting up again.

We got to the hospital and I was practically in tears. Luke brought me in and had the doctors check me out. They told us I was pregnant and that was the biggest shock of my life.

“Sorry Char.” He murmured. “But thank God I’ll never have to experience that.”

Luke leaned back and started the car. I opened my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him.