Flawed Perfection Ch. 11

HEY! :D sorry I kinda took forever to write this :P I'm working on a story on a different site but I got bored with it so I decided to write this XD anyway...LOVE YOU ALL FANS!! 

So vid on the side...I listened to that while writing this XD lmao I don't know how but I did

Agreed that my pic choice was random XD but it DOES link to the story ... really

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I sighed as I pulled out of her driveway, heading on my way home. Cutting back on this was going to be so hard. How does one girl stop trying to reach her goal? How does one stop searching for perfection?

“Blech.” I said aloud and drove down the street, swerving not to hit a stray cat. “Why must life be so hard?” I asked myself. It truly was, especially being a dancer.

I have to have strength, balance; durability…the list goes on forever. It’s so hard to gain it all and even then there’s always something for you to work on. Which I guess is good but it also means you’ll never be perfect. And that’s all Ms. Corey wants from us.

I sighed and turned back into the lane I’d started to drift out of. God I should start paying attention more. I’ll end up killing myself before I can even achieve perfection.

The light turned red and I stopped, sinking once more back into thought.  What is perfection; everything being correct and right or just fitting in and looking good? I should really look up the definition of that…

BEEEP! I jumped and pressed down on the gas pedal, not even realizing the light had turned green. My face went red with embarrassment as an angry man began cussing me out. “SORRY!” I called out the window, trying to regain control of the car.

I drove home concentrating on the road a little better. Maybe if I drove like Luke it’d be a little easier for me to get home safely. I felt a pang in my chest. Luke. I’d also told him I wouldn’t use any diet either.

I pulled into my driveway with a sigh. What do I do? I can’t just sit around and do nothing but I couldn’t throw up anymore.

“Charlotte!” Dan screamed, running out the front door and down to my car. I laughed and opened the door.

“Hey Dan.” I said smiling and he climbed on my lap.

“Can I drive?” he asked putting his hands on the steering wheel and trying to reach the pedals. I raised my eyebrows.

“Maybe when you’re older.” He pouted when I said that.

“Aw c’mon! I can drive real well on Mario Kart.” He pleaded. I remembered the few times I’d agreed to play Mario Kart with him. I’d always lost because it is definitely not the same as driving.

“In the real world there are no bouncing mushrooms we drive on.” I informed him, laughing. He pouted.

 “Please?” he turned around and gave me puppy eyes. My heart melted just then. He always managed to have me around his finger. 

“Fine.” I grumbled. “But I’m controlling the pedals.” ­­­­ He pouted slightly but agreed. We tried to pull into the garage without hitting anything.

I slammed on the brakes for the third time. “Dan!” I shouted, sounding a little panicky. He flinched at my loud voice and I felt guilty.

 “I’m sorry.” I whispered as he took his hands off the steering wheel. “I didn’t mean to yell it’s just…we were gonna crash into your bike and I really don’t want to wreck the car.” He rolled his eyes.