Flawed Perfection Ch. 7

Soooo long time no see? I know I'm the WORST writer out there. TT-TT I know I waited over a month but I had some um writers block. Which is weird; I don't get it for this book but *shrugs* ah well. Anyway I hope you guys do know most of these videos on the side are random and have NOTHING to do with the story. The picture is of Charlotte's daddy :D anyway enjoy reading! 

________________________________________________________________________________

I gulped, feeling vulnerable, and scooped up some potatoes on my fork. Potatoes are vegetables right? So it shouldn't be bad if I ate vegetables and some…meat.

"Of course." I said remembering to reply to what he said. I put the forkful of potatoes in my mouth, almost gagging at the taste. I swore potatoes don't taste this gross. I mean didn't mom make some awhile ago? Those tasted fine…well the small portion I ate of them.

Luke had his lips pursed, looking confused. I almost smirked, knowing he thought I wouldn't eat it. 

"Very good." I lied, wanting to spit it out for numerous reasons. Luke raised an eyebrow. 

"You didn't even add butter or salt. It's got to taste horrible." he said walking over to the fridge. I blinked. 

Butter and salt? Who puts that on potatoes! It just makes them…even more bad for you. I stuck my tongue out. 

"Salt?" I say because everyone I know puts butter on them. "That's just gross. Who wants salty potatoes?" I put another small spoonful in my mouth. Blech. Worse than the first time. 

"Well, french fries. They put salt on potatoes." Luke said finally finding the butter and pulling it out. He turned towards me holding it up. "You want some?"

I really really really wanted to say no. Though, I don't want him to get more suspicious. I don't know how much he thinks he knows and how much he really knows.

"Oh…sure." I say, trying to throw him off. Maybe I should try to cut back on throwing up. I'd just have to make sure I exercise a lot more now. If I couldn't get rid of the food that'd make me fat. Well more fat. I was already fat. 

My gaze flickered toward Luke buttering my potatoes. "Wait! That's too much!" I said loudly knocking the butter and knife out of his hands. "Are you trying to fatten me up?!" I said and froze realizing my slip up. 

Luke stared at me, a pointed look with raised eyebrows. "Charlotte…" he said walking around the counter towards me. I watched him, feeling very vulnerable. Now he really knows I'm on some kind of diet. Whether he knows I hardly eat and when I do I throw up or not. He knows.

"Charlotte." He repeated, entwining his arms around me. "Charlotte." Luke whispered in my ear. 

I wanted to throw his arms away from me. Tell him how he can't love me. He's made the wrong choice. He's picked the fat girl. The one who isn't graceful and has to throw up to be beautiful. But I don't. I let him talk; fill my head with lies.

"You're beautiful Char. You don't need to go one some silly diet where they eat weird foods to loose weight. You're perfect the way you are." Luke whispered giving me a gentle hug.

 I felt tears prick my eyes. It wasn't fair how he meant it so honestly. Or at least made it seem that way. How could Luke say that when I'm right here in his arms, a fat lump.

"O-ok." I responded, though you could barely hear me. It sounded like I was going to cry, again. Luke turned me around and pulled me to his chest.

"It's ok, just let it go." he murmured and I did. I cried. Hard. For the second time today. He patted my back and murmured things I didn't hear.

"I-I-I'm sorry." I blubbered. He pulled back and stared into my eyes, happy. I couldn't believe him. He actually thought by his little speech it'd help. Sure it made me feel a lot better it still doesn't change anything. I'm still fat. I still need to loose weight. Just in a different way.

"It's fine. Just try to come off it ok?" he asked. I nodded, knowing I wouldn't. I never would. I needed to do this. Without it, I'd be stuck the way I am. 

"Good." he said with a sigh of relief and pulled me to his chest again. I put my head on his shoulder and hugged him back.

I've made my temporary decision for now. I'd have to stop throwing up, and just work out more. It was pretty simple if you think about it. Maybe Hazel would help motivate me…

Oh God, what did Hazel know…

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey :) I hope you LOVED it :D Please comment/vote/fan whatever! Just show your love for Charlotte and the gang.