water; part two

"I didn't want the stories to be true." He closes his eyes, re-opening them after a few seconds. He puts a piece of your hair behind your ear, saying "Nobody does."

you cautiously, very cautiously wrap your arms around him and pull him into a hug.               "I'm so sorry. No one should have to go through that." He stiffens at first, but quickly wraps his arms around your back warmly, resting his head in the crook of your neck.
"Thank you." He pulls back after a few seconds and searches your face. "Let me take you to breakfast before we check into school. Please."
You smile, nodding. Now that you think about it, you probably look like a dead squirrel. But, who cares right now?

"Okay. I'll go."

><

You and Four are walking out of Starbucks with your Coffee so you both can go to school. You two had talked about if you had really wanted to go or not, but decided to go since you had an English test and he had a Health test.

Climbing into his Jeep, you close the door and wait for him to speed off. Flashes of last night run through your head, and you immediately open your eyes, looking around and realizing you're okay. you're safe, and Four wouldn't let Austin hurt you again. You sigh, run your fingers through your hair and look at the brown eyed boy. Looking at you, he says
"What? Is there something on my face?" you laugh, saying no and putting your coffee down.

"Wait-" You notice something off about him. He doesn't seem upset about anything, or angry, so what is it?  He seems fine. "Four something's off. With you." He looks at you in confusion "W-Well I mean you're fine it's just--"

"Y/n, Y/n... Calm down," He laughs " I'm not wearing my signature hoodie. That's what it is."
You're mouth makes an 'o' and nod once.

"You've worn a hoodie everyday since like what, eighth grade? What's changed?"  He smiles, scrunching his eyebrows and thinks.

"I don't know--" He shakes his head, searching your face, thinking deeply. He finally finds your eyes, and you swear you could drown into his stare.

"-- It's something about you. It makes me where I don't feel the need to hide."

You look at him with rosy cheeks, looking down and thanking him. You both smile and look ahead.

"Let's get to school, y/n."

><

"Are you okay?" Four has asked you three times during this class if you were okay. And honestly. . . you have lied to him every time. You were not okay. You keep catching Austin and Derek, one of the guys who was there, staring at you with scowls on their faces. Four moved to the seat behind you so he could be closer, while Austin was a row over. You were not okay, no where close though. You were almost raped by your boyfrie-- ex boyfriend, and you are beat to a bloody pulp until you were rescued by Four.

He was the reason you were here. He makes you smile, even though you've really known him for less than 24 hours. He makes you laugh, and feel as light hearted as a feather. Four had a rough past and has every right to be depressed and all, but he wasn't. He was optimistic, and seems Happy. Content. He seems happy in his life, or at least as long as you've known him. You stare into his eyes again, and smile.

His eyes are as blue water, and you will forever love the rain now. It brought you to him.

"Yeah, i'm okay."