café sweetheart

you had just ordered your usual from the small café. you sat at a table alone, considering your friends had all gone to different colleges than you, and were all in different states. the soft 'ding' of the bell ringed, signaling someone just walked in. it was the same man you'd seen every time you had come here, and he always ordered a coke and fries. he was wearing dark jeans and a white Shere Khan tee shirt. he sat at the same table every day, and he always smiled at you.

after a few weeks, and months, you wanted more than just shared glances and smiles.

it was january 6th when he realized that too.

he was a broken young man, in his junior year of college. his father was a rich man, but he only bothered to pay for his school. his father wanted nothing to do with him, while his mother was in australia, which she had been for the past 5 years. he worked a job at a local market, while you were just fine. your parents sent you a little money every month, and with the money from your job, it was just enough to get by.

the only night you didn't come here was tuesday nights, that's a night where people can come and dance, or sing karaoke. you never really bothered with those things. one week, after crazy finals, you walked into the café with the lights off, because you'd forgotten it was a tuesday. there were few people dancing, while a song was playing. this is no where close to a club, so don't get that in your head. it was just like a small gathering of sorts. you saw the same man at the back table, drinking from a glass bottle, a coke bottle.

you'd ordered and had taken a seat at your table, when a unfamiliar song came on. it was a pop song, a new song, you'd just never heard it.

that's when you saw movement from his table. he had gotten up and started walking towards you. tonight, he was wearing a black tee and a loose jacket and jeans. you felt nervousness deep in your stomach, and a racing sensation. you looked up when he was close enough, and he smiles. after a few seconds he starts laughing. then you started to laugh.
"I'm sorry, I planned what I was going to say and I just blanked." you smiled, catching your breath. "It's alright, I'm y/n." you said, out stretching your hand. he smiled shaking your hand. "I'm four." your eyebrows came together in confusion. "It's a nickname that everyone calls me."

"oh. what's your real name?" he smiled wildly.

and that's where it all began.

you smiled with your eyes closed, holding the bouquet of flowers. you opened your eyes, remembering your first encounter with tobias eaton, your now about-to-be husband. you two shared your secrets, your hobbies, crazy ideas, and other things. you knew each other like the back of your hand.

and now, you stood here, in a snow white dress, on january 6th, about to walk the aisle to the man used to sit in the back corner table, everyday, ordering a coke and fries, and who always smiled at you.