Chapter Seventeen

Every night since Josh attacked Harry, he’s stayed at Niall’s dorm, too afraid to be in a room with Josh alone, but Niall wouldn’t let that happen anyway. It’s the same thing every day, go to class, go to work, come back to Niall’s dorm and share kisses with him while he does his – and sometimes Niall’s – homework. They’re inseparable, an inseparable, oddly matched couple that never seem to be apart. So when Harry tells Niall that he’s leaving London for the weekend, Niall is naturally quick to have questions.

“What dya mean you won’t be in London? Where are you going?”

“Cheshire, to visit my sister. She’s been begging me for ages to, having a full on strop about not seeing her little brother enough,” Harry says, gathering the things he had at Niall’s into a suitcase. Niall still looks bewildered, so Harry kisses him softly and nuzzles his face in the crook of Niall’s neck, giggling as Niall visibly shivers from Harry’s soft curls tickling his skin.

“It’ll be fine, Niall. I promise. I’ll be back by Sunday night.” A car horn honks, and Harry adds, “I gotta go, my cousins waiting on me.”

“Wait!” Harry turns around with a hand on the door knob, and Niall is waggling his eyebrows suggestively, “A quickie before you leave?”

Harry laughs lightly, “Really, Niall? You can’t go a couple hours without shagging again? How’d you survive before we met?”

Niall pouts, eyebrows furrowed together and it’s almost making Harry feel bad. “Let’s just say my right hand and I know each other quite well,” Niall quips, smirking while Harry turns red.

“For God’s sake, Niall,” Harry groans, closing the door. “I love you,” Niall calls after him, and a muffled ‘love you too’ is returned through the door. Despite how much Harry has come out of his shell, he’s still that bashful, innocent boy in the window.

***

“C’mon, lets go out or somethin’,” Louis whines from his spot between Zayn’s legs.

Zayn cards his fingers through Louis’ fringe again, taking a few puffs from the joint he found in the desk near his bed, though he doesn’t remember ever making it. His eyes are red and glazed over, and his chest feels warm and fuzzy just like his head. He blinks slowly, staring forward at completely nothing, just empty space. He doesn’t really remember coming to Louis’ dorm either, but here he is.

“Zayn,” Louis says, snapping his fingers in front of his face. “God, you’re baked.”

Zayn finally looks down at Louis when he hears his name. He reaches down, his arm moving so slowly in his own mind, and strokes Louis’ lips with his thumb, which should be weird but Louis’s so used to Zayn being high that things aren’t really weird anymore. Zayn’s so mesmerized by how soft and kissable they look, which he should know that they’re exactly how they look since he’s kissed Louis numerous times throughout his years of college so far. Louis just looks so pretty right now, a bit distracting to say the least. He has these killer cheekbones that any girl would wish to have, it’s an absolute sin for a boy to have them. And he has these sparkling cerulean eyes and dark eyelashes that nearly touch his cheeks when he looks down. He has this feminine sort of appearance, but he’s so manly in contrast, always drinking beers, covered in tattoos, playing footie whenever he gets the chance.