❁ Greetings❁

My eyes flutter open. "Where am I?" I think. The memories start rushing back and I remember my clan dying and the bug man saving me. I shudder at the thought of bugs and mumble "Damn those little demons." I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that this is my new home.

I hear buzzing all over the house and I wonder if I should open my door. Well, there's nothing else I can do. I open it to see beetles flying around everywhere. I screech and run back into my room, dramatically falling against the wall. "SHIBI!" I yell. He comes rushing in and says, "Sorry I was just waking Shino." I shudder and then giggle and say, "Don't ever wake me up like that." He says, "Understood." I sing extremely loudly, "WAKE ME UP INSIDE!" Shibi lets out a hearty chuckle and I hear a sigh coming from Shino's room. "I guess I should get ready now," I say to Shibi. He says, "Good idea, Tatsuko." And exits the room.

I got on a long sleeve fishnet shirt, a forest green hoodie, some black ninja pants and wrapped bandages around my right hand, from my left hand to my left elbow and on both legs from my ankle up to my knee. I washed my face and put my hair into a side ponytail with my side bangs hanging out, over my flower village forehead protector.

I knock at the door to Shino's room and say "Shino, can I come in?" He replies, "Yes, of course, Tatsuko." I say to Shino, "Are we ready to go?" He says, "Yes... On our way, I'd like to tell you a few things." I say, "Alright, Shino!" excitedly. We grab a rice ball each and head out the door. He says, "Ok so each team has 3 genin and a jonin squad leader with the exception of one team with a chunin and 2 genin. Lady Hokage has told me that you will be assigned a squad that is most fitting with your capabilities. So, today you will spar with all the jonin squad leaders and genin. They will all try not to hurt you, due to myself telling them this." I blush because I see that the stoic boy cares. I don't exactly know why I care if he likes me or not. He continues, "You will fight 16 people within this day." You gasp. "16 people 4 of which are jonin?!" I yell. He says emotionlessly, "The Hokage has made her decision there's nothing you can do about it now."

We arrive at the training grounds and are the first ones there. We wait in silence except for a few words until the last person arrives. He poofs in as all the jonin did. He is reading a book and has gravity defying gray hair and wears a mask. He says, "What did I miss?" Very calmly. Another man smoking a cigarette says, "Nothing we were just about to ask her to introduce herself." He points to me and I say, "I'm a bit of an awkward potato so, what exactly would you like me to tell you?" The man chuckles and says, "Your name, likes, dislikes, hobbies, and dreams is good." I say, "My name is Tatsuko Shima. Well, I liked my family I guess, until they died, not to be an emo or anything. I guess I like nature, cats, dogs, and alternative music. I dislike bugs." I glare at Shino and he remains expressionless. I continue, "my hobbies are listening to music and hanging out with my friends. And I've never really thought about dreams. I guess I just want to fight someone strong and become a good ninja." I look at Asuma and he gives a nod of approval. He says, "Let's start with team 7 and work our way up."

A girl with pink hair and green eyes says, "My name is Sakura Haruno. My likes are..." she blushes and looks over at the seemingly emo boy. She continues, "my dislikes are being useless and a burden. My hobbies are playing trivia games and memorizing new materials for medical studies. My dream is to be able to protect my friends." The emo boy says, "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I don't really like or dislike anything. My hobby is training to become strong and my dream is to restore my clan and kill a certain person."  I nod in approval. A cute blonde boy cuts in very loudly, "My name is Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it! I like ramen, cup ramen, and when people buy me ramen. I dislike being disrespected and the 5 minutes it takes for cup ramen to cook. My dream is to become Hokage so everyone in the village will see me as important and stop disrespecting me. Believe it!" I giggle. This Naruto guy seemed pretty funny. I made a mental note to talk to him later. The gray-haired man from before says, "My name is Kakashi Hatake. My likes are my likes, my dislikes are my dislikes, I have a lot of hobbies and my dreams are none of your concern." A man wearing green spandex says, "C'mon Kakashi, that's no way to treat a newcomer." Kakashi says, "Hm? What'd you say?" The other man get mad at this and says, "Oh, Kakashi! There you go again, acting so cool! That's why I accept you as my rival." He gives a big thumbs up. I giggle and say, "You guys are really funny!"

A woman with red eyes and dark hair says, "Allow my team to introduce ourselves, you already know Shino. Hinata you go first." She blushes a bit then says, "I-I'm H-Hinata H-H-Hyuga. I-I l-like m-my friends. I d-dislike not a-a lot. M-my h-hobby i-is p-pressing f-flowers. My d-dream is t-to be recognized f-for m-my a-abilities." The woman nods and says, "Now you Kiba." A boy with red triangles on his cheeks and a bit of a dog-like appearance says, "My name is Kiba Inuzuka. My likes are dogs, especially Akamaru." He points to his dog which I start petting. "My dislikes are cats and fleas." He itches his head. "My hobby is walking Akamaru and I've never really thought about a dream." The woman says, "My name is Kurenai Yuhi. That's all you need to know for now." I nod in approval.

The man smoking a cigarette says, "Now for my team. Ino then Shikamaru then Choji." A girl with long blonde hair says, "My name is Ino. I like... Well, that doesn't matter" The boy with spiky hair that's in a ponytail sighs loudly. She says, "I dislike Sakura!" They both huff. "My hobbies are running a flower shop and hanging out with my team. My dream is to be with-" The boy next to her cuts her off and says, "That's enough Ino" He sighs and says, "Troublesome woman, mm, what a dragg." He pauses and says lazily, "My name is Shikamaru Nara. I like sleeping and clouds. I dislike troublesome woman and people waking me up. My hobbies are cloud watching, sleeping, and playing shoji. My dream is to have a normal life, or to be a cloud." He spaces out and his larger friend continues, "My name is Choji Akimichi. My likes are food. My dislikes are going without food. My hobby is eating food and my dream is to eat a lot of food and be accepted by people." I nod in agreement and say, "I like you," and laugh. He laughs too. Their sensei says, "My name is Asuma, the rest doesn't matter." You say, "ok!"

The sensei from the last team says, "This is my team. Aren't they so youthful? Ok, Lee you ready?!" A boy that has a striking resemblance to his sensei says, "Yes, Gai-sensei!" The sensei gives the boy a thumbs up, which the boy returns. The boy says, "My name is Rock Lee. I like training with my sensei and youth. I dislike being unable to train. My hobby is training. My dream is to show everyone that even without genjutsu or ninjutsu I can be a strong ninja too." The sensei gloats at his student and says, "My youthful Lee!" They hug. I cringe at this. A boy with light eyes says, "Please excuse them. I am Neji Hyuga. I don't know what I like but I dislike people underestimating the power of destiny. My hobbies are training and meditation. My dream is to show everyone that I can be a good ninja, even if I am not part of the main branch of our clan." I nod approvingly. A girl with buns in her hair says, "My name is Tenten. I don't know what I like or dislike and my hobbies are training myself to become even better with weapons. My dream is to become a legendary kunoichi." Their sensei says, "My name is Might Gai. I like training and youth. I dislike when people underestimate the power of youth. My hobby is training. My dream is to help my student Lee because he is like a son to me!" Lee jumps into Gai's arms. I giggle then cringe. If I didn't know any better I might ship the two. Who am I kidding, I'm gonna ship them anyway even though it's cringy!

Follow bookxcake