❁ A Deal ❁

A/N: yo guys welcome to a new book uh it's a collab with me and bookxcake go follow her bc she's great and came up with the idea for this

My father is yelling at me to run into the woods and escape the beasts attacking our clan. With heavy tears streaming down my face, I run into the woods, batting away any branches or limbs blocking my path. I have no clue where I'm going and I'm just trying to follow my father's orders.

After about 3 hours of running, I collapse to the ground in a clearing in a forest. I curl up in a ball and let out body-shaking sobs. I wish I could go back and save my clan and all my friends, but they're all probably gone by now.

'TATSUKO!' My mother screams from the lawn. The monsters had just come and had spotted my mother. They instantly killed her, and I wasn't even able to get to her in her final moments. I run out of the house to my father.

'Dad!' I sob out, clinging onto his shirt like a child. 'They got mum!' I explain and start to cry. He kisses me on the head and points to the woods that surround our small village. 'I want you to go and run as far away from here as you can possibly go.' He says, glancing around quickly to make sure that there are no monsters.

'But- what about you and everyone-' I start to say, but a monster finally sees us. 'Don't fight me, Tatsuko! Just go!' He yells, turning to fight the monster. I start to run, following my dad's orders, until I arrive at a village.

I continue to cry until I feel a small object crawling on my arm. I shakily look over and see a big black beetle. With a loud shriek, I jump up and brush the bug off onto the ground. I lift my foot up to stomp on it and kill the horrid creature when I hear a masculine shout.

"DON'T KILL THAT BUG!" The man yells, crashing through some bushes at the end of the clearing. The man runs over and scoops up the disgusting bug. He starts to coddle and coo to the bug as I shiver in utter disgust.

"Why are you doing that to that thing?" I ask, shivering from the cold and letting out small heavy breaths, trying to calm myself down. I looked the man up and down. He had on a tan oversized coat and oval sunglasses. I start swaying where I was standing, fatigue finally taking over my body.

"Hey, are you ok?" The man asked, taking a step closer to me.

With another shriek, I take a step away from the man and the bug. I put up my hands in defense and try not to fall asleep standing up. "Get that gross bug away from me!"

He says, "oh, how rude of me." And it crawls into his sleeve. I ask with another shudder, "If you don't mind me asking, where in God's name did that thing go?"

"Try not to get grossed out by this, but they live inside of me." The man replies with a hearty chuckle. I shudder at the thought of bugs living inside of myself. "Oh... isn't that... pleasant." I say.

He says, "That is my clan's ability. We have beetles called kikaichu living in us, feeding off our chakra. In return they will do whatever we command." I say, "oh, that's cool I guess. I'm terrified and hate bugs with a burning passion." He says, "I can tell, but they're terrified of you too."

After a few moments of us awkwardly looking at each other, I say, "I'm Tatsuko, a genin from the village hidden in the flowers, by the way. My clan has a kekkei genkai where we can turn our blood into ice and hard weapons. Or, what's left of my clan..." The man replies, "oh, mind me asking but what happened to your clan?" I say, "I don't know exactly what happened but, a herd of beasts invaded my village, going for my clan first. My father told me to run so, I ran and came here... I think my village could be destroyed. Plus, I don't know my way back."

I ask, "Where are we?" He answers, "We are just outside the village hidden in the leaves... I'm Shibi Aburame, by the way." I say, "Oh, nice to meet you." He says, "likewise." There's a moment of awkward silence before he asks, "Do you have a place to go?" I respond with, "Not really. I've never been outside of my village... Do you know a place I could go?"

With a shrug, Shibi says, "You could come stay with us... I have a son who's genin also and from the looks of it about your age. He could show you around tomorrow." I say, "thank you but, I have a request if I were to stay with you." "What is it?" He asks, frowning slightly.

"This is a lot to ask considering your abilities, but can you try to tone down the bug stuff around me? It's my worst fear. Tell your son that too." I request, trying to look as commanding as possible, which is hard considering my small frame.

He responds with, "Yes of course. But, if I am going to give you a place to stay I need to try to get you less afraid of the bugs. It will start off slow, just by me telling you things. But, I need to warn you there are a lot of buggy things there. It will take some getting used to."

I say, "So, you try to tone down the bug stuff while trying to make me less afraid, while I try to be ok with bugs. It's a deal then?" He says, "deal" and sticks out his hand with a bug on it. I screech and he laughs as it disappears back up into his sleeve. He sticks out his hand once more and I shake it. "Deal!" we both say.