❁A Feeling❁

Shino starts to guide me around the house and I start asking him simple questions about himself. As we are walking to the kitchen I ask, "Shino, what fascinates you the most?" "Insects." I sigh. "Why did I not expect that?" He shrugs. As he shows me the living room I ask, "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" He says, "Insects and hiding emotions are my strengths. My weaknesses are taijutsu and being social." It's then that I realized that he carries no emotion in his voice or in his face. "What's your favorite color." "Green." He responds. I think, "wow he gives very short and vague answers and doesn't like to talk. When he does talk he has no emotion in his voice either." He shows you the bathroom. I ask, "Why do you hide your emotions?" "Because if I showed emotion my enemies would be able to predict my movements better. I've gotten so good at hiding them, so I never stop now. It's kind of a habit."

He arrives at the bedrooms, "I'll show you around the village tomorrow." He shows me my room. "This will be your room." He shows me his father's room. "This is Shibi's room. You cannot go in there unless you want to be greeted by thousands of bugs." I shudder at the thought and say, "Alright, I will not go in there."

I notice him almost laugh but then he catches himself. Shino shows me the room across the hallway from mine and he says, "This is my room. Bother me whenever you wish. Why? Because we are now comrades and that's what comrades do." I giggle slightly. "He's kinda adorable." I think. "Wait. What?! No I don't like him like that. He has those awful creatures living inside of him. How could I ever like someone with that trait?" My inner monologue says. I say, "Thanks. Same for me. I hope we can become good friends." He says, "likewise." And I walk into my room.

Once I get there I see that there is a queen bed, a dresser, a closet and a mirror. It's fairly large, especially for a guest room. I look in the dresser drawers and see that there are ninja pants, fishnet garments and shirts for both guys and girls and they look about my size. I thank Shibi mentally for being prepared for a situation such as this. I then take off my flower village forehead protector, and the rest of my clothes, change into one of the men's t shirts and shorts, shut off the lights and climb into bed.

Once I'm tucked in and ready to sleep my mind immediately goes to my clan and what happened to it. I try almost everything to get it off my mind. I decide to think about the events of today. I think about Shibi helping me and about Shino blushing. Once I think about that I get this weird feeling in my chest and stomach. "What is this feeling?" I think and drift off to sleep with Shino in mind.

~~Shino 's POV~~

After Tatsuko walks into her new room I sigh and walk into my own. "How did she almost make me laugh and made me blush? I haven't even known her for a day. This girl is something special." I think. I shut off the lights and take off my jacket, my forehead protector and my glasses. I climb into bed. "She got me to open up about so many things. I hope we can become good friends." I think. I suddenly get this feeling in my stomach. It's like fluttering. "What is this feeling?" I wonder and drift off to sleep.

Follow bookxcake