News

Carlisle's POV

"Alice," I breathe into the phone. "Are you and Jasper safe?"

"Of course," Alice replies but her voice falters. She's hiding something.

I sigh. "You're hiding something."

"We found Klaus," She admits, and I can hear the strain the memory is putting on her voice. "He grabbed Jasper's throat, and knocked him to the ground. But he's okay now." 

My breath catches in my throat; I can feel the eyes of the family on me. "Are you okay?" 

"Perfectly fine," She answers without missing a beat. I nod, even though she can't see me. 

"Any news on Bella?" 

"Someone else has her." 

"What do you mean someone else has her?!" I exclaim, and everyone turns to stare at me in alarm, even though they can hear everything Alice is saying. 

"He annoyed an old friend, he said," Alice sighs. "and he took all his family, not just Bella." 

"Do you have any idea who this friend is?" I ask, watching Esme the whole time for reassurance. 

"No, unfortunately not," I hear Jasper say. "Look... Carlisle... Maybe we should just leave this whole thing alone. It's way past us; we have no idea who this friend is, Klaus is much stronger than us and clearly Bella doesn't want anything to do with us." 

"She might, if we save her," Emmett smirks, thinking of Bella thanking him over and over for saving her, no doubt. 

"Doubt it," Jasper replies, and by the sound of his voice he's taken the phone off Alice. "She'll probably be annoyed that we've taken her away from her family. You've heard how violent the Original family can get when it comes to each other." 

"Okay... Jasper, just see if you can find out who this friend is. If you do, come home and we'll discuss it. If you can't find them... Just come home, and we'll stay together."