Popular Girl & the Gang Leader=Love? CHAPTER 8 PART 1

I LOVEE LOVEE LOVEE SUPERMAC18! --------------------------------------------->

I was sitting at the lunch table with Sean when Maddie sat down across from me and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Okay? Why wouldn't she be okay?" interrupted Sean.

I didn't say anything. I stared at my untouched lunch, taking a sudden interest in it.

"You didn't tell him?" Maddie sounded surprised.

In between taking bites of his pizza, Sean said, "Tell me what?"

This time, I wasn't the only one who was silent.

"Tell me what?" he repeated all the humor in his voice gone.

"Well yesterday..." Maddie started to say.

I kicked her leg under the table. You know, this whole kicking-Maddie-under-the-table thing was beginning to become a daily routine for me.

"What was that for?"

"Sorry. My foot must've slipped," I replied innocently.

She glared daggers at me.

"Damn it!" cursed Sean. "Why won't you just tell me?"

"Sean, it-it's nothing," I insisted.

"If it's nothing, then why won't you tell?"

"It doesn't matter. Are you going to eat that apple?" I tried to distract him.

"Do not try to distract me!" he demanded. "Please, just tell me."

I sighed. "Fine. Yesterday Maddie and I went to some restaurant. I thought I was going to the bathroom, but I went through the wrong door and ended up in some alley. Guess it was my lucky night, cause next thing I know," I shrugged my shoulders, "these two guys found me."

Sean signaled me to go on. I knew now that there was no way I could hide the truth from him.

"They tried to um..." I stopped short. "You know..." I waved my hand around, hoping he'd figure out what I meant so that I wouldn't have to say it.

"God, Tori!" he exclaimed once he realized what the "you know" part was. "How can you say that's nothing, or that it doesn't matter?"

He took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

"Did they," he closed his eyes for a couple seconds. When his eyes fluttered open he whispered, "Did they hurt you?"

"One of them slapped me," I said faintly.

"Where?"

I let go of Sean's hand and pointed to my cheek. He lifted his hand gracefully as if not to scare me, and dragged his fingers across my face.

This time, I was the one who closed my eyes. I took short deep breaths and tried to forget about everything except for his hands caressing my face. There used to be a point in my life when I lived for his touch. Where I longed for it.

But not now.

Now, all I could think about was him. The one with hair dark as night. The one who had saved me when I was in danger. The one who comforted me when I needed it the most. The one who I haven't stopped thinking about since last night.

Before my mind could wander off any further, I heard Sean say something.

"What?"

"How did you get them to stop?"

I stared at him, not saying a word. There was no way I was going to Zach. But Sean took my silence the wrong way.

"They didn't stop," he said more to himself than to me. His hands which had been stroking my cheek were now supporting the weight of his head.

"No, no, Sean. They did stop," I reassured him.

"How?" he challenged me.

My lips stuttered for the right words to say, but Maddie beat me to the punch line.

"A guy saved her." She had been so quiet, that I had forgotten she was sitting at the same table as me and Sean. Hmm, too bad it didn't say like that. I would've liked that better.

Since Sean still had his head stuffed in his hands, he didn't see the death glare I gave my so called best friend. The only response she gave me was a what-was-I-supposed-to-do shrug.

"A guy? You were with a guy?" accused Sean. He lifted his head and stared at me, watching my every move. Probably waiting for me to make a mistake and confess that I've been having a secret relationship with someone else or something along those lines.

"No," I replied sternly.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay yes, but not in the way that you're thinking."

"Yeah? And how do I know that?"

For a minute, I was shocked. Sean had just found out what happened to me last night, and when I -well Maddie- tell him some guy saved me, he gets mad. He doesn't think about me being safe.

No.

Instead, he focuses on the part about a guy saving me. But then again, I shouldn't be shocked. That's how guys are. They can't stand hearing their girlfriend- or even a girl they like- hang out with some other guy.

It was time to tell him, I decided. Time to tell Sean what's been on my mind lately. Even if it hurts him, he needs to know.

"Sean..." I said. "I need to tell you something."

uh-oh!

Sean is in troubleee! is Victoria going to break up with him....?

© 2010 theamazingspiderman