Popular Girl & the Gang Leader=Love? CHAPTER 7

It was only when we were in the car that Maddie asked the question I'd been waiting for.

"Who was the hottie?"

"Zach."

"I know that, but where'd he come from?"

I let out a sigh and told her the whole story, beginning from the time I left to go to the bathroom, and ending with the time she caught me and Zach together.

"You are so lucky, girl. He is gorgeous! But what about Sean?"

Then it all hit me. It was as if I were a bird soaring through the sky and not looking as to where I was flying. Then, out of nowhere, I would run into a window. That would defiantly knock some sense into me, and that's how I would describe how I felt. The whole time I'd been with Zach, I hadn't thought about Sean. And now that I did, I felt as if I'd run into a big brick wall.

And when I thought about Zach, my heart ached. I wanted to feel his lips press against mine. I wanted to feel those strong arms around me, holding me against his warm body. I wanted to hear him whisper in my ear, comforting me in every way that nobody else could.

She asked me seriously, "You didn't think about him once, did you?"

"I did too!" I protested.

We reached a stop sign, so she turned her body to look at me and raised an eyebrow. Oh how I envied her for having that skill.

"Oh, really?"

"No," I whispered. I put my head in my hands as Maddie started driving again.

When we finally reached my house, she pulled into my drive and cut off the engine. Rather than getting out of the car, I lingered there for a while, thinking about this whole night. I felt lost and confused.

"You okay?" She placed her hand on my arm.

"Yeah. I'm good," I lied. I didn't want to lie to her, but I also didn't want to drag her into my problems

.

"Okay. Do you need a ride to school tomorrow or...?"

"I'm fine, I'll see you later." I slipped out of the car and waved back at her.

"Bye, Tori!" she called out. I waited until the bright white car lights disappeared down the street, and then I went inside my house.

I was almost there, just one foot away from the stairs, when a voice spoke from the kitchen.

"What happened to you?"

I hesitantly turned around and faced Lawrence.

"I-I, um...," I stuttered.

His head shook from side to side, obviously in disapproval of my behavior. The white, bony things he calls hands were lifted from his sides and brought up in a questioning matter.

"What am I going to do with you?"

Again I was dumbstruck. I had no clue what to tell him. If I were to tell him what really happened, his heart would stop beating in less than a second.

And that would not be good at all.

"Just go on up. But next time, you won't get off so easily." He retreated back into the kitchen.

I let out the breath I'd been holding, and quickly ran up the stairs before he could change his mind.

When I finally peeled of my ratty clothes, I padded out of my air conditioned room and stepped into the warmth of the running water in my shower. It wrapped around me like a big blanket, releasing all the knots in my back and neck. [a/n: did that last sentence make sense?] Sitting on the tiled floor, I had just enough strength to bring my legs up to my chest, and wrap my arms around them.

And then, I cried. All the emotions I've been bottling up inside, were now being released.

Hate for my parents for leaving me when I needed them the most.

Anger for the two boys who hurt me in the alley.

Confusion for the feelings I had for Zach.

Love for Maddie who took the time to care for me.

And last but not least.....

Gratitude for Lawrence for understanding that I was in an uncomfortable situation, and I didn't want to talk about it.

not my best chapter :(

but i would still appreciate votes and comments

© 2010 theamazingspiderman