Popular Girl & the Gang Leader=Love? CHAPTER 4

"What would you like?" asked the waiter.

After hours of shopping after school, Maddie and I could hear our stomachs begging us for food. So we decided to do what any normal person does to satisfy their hunger: please our bellies by eating some delicious food. But by just looking at the pictures and the names of the food in this Thai Restaurant, I can tell I'm not going to be eating much. I choose something that didn't sound so foreign to me.

"Noodle soup with shrimp on the side."

He scribbled something down on his notepad and looked to Maddie.

"And for you miss?"

"I'll have the Tom Yum."

When the waiter left I turned to Maddie and raised my eyebrows.

"What?" she asked.

"Tom Yum? What is that?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Some soup thing."

"Okay then I-"

"Excuse me," interrupted a voice. I looked up and saw a boy our age looking at Maddie. He had a blue baseball cap on and parts of his blond hair were showing under it. He had a cute baby face and his gaze hasn't moved away from my best friend. But of course she hasn't noticed, so I kicked her foot under the table.

"Ow!" She glared at me.

"My bad." I nodded my head towards the boy's direction and she finally looked at him.

"Hi," she said shyly.

"Were you at an art show a couple months ago?"

She nodded slowly, not understanding why this boy was asking her that question.

"I remember you," he said abruptly. "We talked for a while. Do you remember?"

She stared at him for a while, I'm guessing, lost in thoughts.

After snapping her fingers a couple times she said, "Eric?"

"Yep." He smiled.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it." She stood up from her seat and hugged him.

He gave a little laugh and released Maddie. "Me either. I was hoping I'd see you again."

She blushed and looked down.

"Can I sit with you guys? Or are you-"

"Go ahead," I chimed in before Maddie could say anything.

"Great. I'll be right back." He walked off and Maddie glared at me (again).

"Why'd you do that? It's our girl's night out."

"He's cute and defiantly interested in you. I mean c'mon his eyes were practically glued to you. And we'll have another girl's night out, I promise."

"But-"

"I'm back," said Eric, dragging a chair behind him. His eyes shifted between the both of us. "Sorry. Did I interrupt?"

"No. It's okay."

He set his chair down close to Maddie and sat down.

I grinned, but stopped because she gave me a threatening look. They started talking and in that time, I realized that they really did look good together. And Maddie has never had a boyfriend, so I was happy for her.

After a while of talking I wanted to let them talk alone. I tried to get her attention but she was too into her conversation with Eric. When she finally did look at me, I mouthed, "Bathroom."