Chapter 4: a bloody standing

Chapter 4

I woke up to a dark room and whimpering sounds. Looking over into the darkness I saw Sophia crying in the corner. I tried getting up and walking over to help her but my legs gave way. I got on my knees and crawled over to her. I went over and held her by my side and she cried in my arms.

Now! I thought. Now I have to show her the open window and get out. It took a lot of strength but I got to my feet and pulled her up with me. “Where- where are we going?” she asked. I put my finger to my lips telling her to be quiet hopping she sees it.

I walk over to the window and removed the blanket. I showed her the broken window and she just looked at me. I grabbed the window seal and lifted myself up and out and grabbed her hand and pulled her out with me. She breathed in the fresh air as if she never had.

I told her how I found the window and how I found the fence and got onto the roof. “Now?” she asked. I nodded. We fought with the aching pain we had but we climbed up and onto the roof. We looked at the dark night sky and breathed in the air. There were woods surrounding the house but the house was inside a clearing in the woods.

A plane was overhead in the sky and I fantasized about it flying down from the sky after seeing us and helping us and taking us away.

I took Sophia’s hand. “I’m scared. What if I chicken out and cant do it.” She said. I gripped her hand. “So you’d rather die in there by his hand then now where we can finish it ourselves?” 

She looked at me and the ground. “Ok I can do this.” She turned to me. “Thank you for being there for when I needed you.” She said. I hugged her. “Thank you for rescuing me.” I said.

We turned and gripped each other’s hand. “1...2...-.” I said counting. Out loud. “Stop!” a voice called out. Looking down the face I saw was the one face I thought I’d never see again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hey hey! i hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. i thought id let you know this isnt like a 30 chapter story. 10-14maybe but its a small follow up to Father thats it. so the picture i posted way up there is a picture of two girls holding hands kind of showing how they stood on the roof ready to jump. i tried to write "Defying Death" on there but i cant so here is the chapter hope you like it!