Chapter 5: a bloody truth

Chapter 5

 Staring down into those brown eyes again was something I thought I’d never do again. Vivien stood at the bottom of the building looking up at us. Her hair pulled back into a tight ponytail and had what looked like a gun in her hand.

I felt Sophia’s hand slip from mine as she ran across the roof and to pipe along the building and slide down it and ran and hugged Vivien with all she had while breaking down crying.

I grabbed hold of the not so steady pipe and slowly slide down. I walked up to the figure and looked at her. “Is it really you?” I asked. She smiled. “Caitlyn it’s really me.” She said tucking the gun in the belt she had on.

“We thought you were dead. Father thought you were dead. He blamed us for your death and-.” She only frowned. “How are you alive? We saw you on the news you were dead.” I asked. She looked at Sophia who collected herself and was also looking at her too.

“Well that’s good that Adrian thinks I’m dead. It was my plan in case he came back for me.”

“Adrian? That’s his real name?” I asked. She nodded. “What happened after you and ‘Adrian’ left?” I asked. She grinned. “It’s a horrible story that will soon come to an end.” She said scheming. She told us about what happened after they left and how he forced her into marriage and their baby died and how she killed a guy and how he thought he killed her.

“But what really happened to you?” Sophia asked in a quiet voice.

Vivien sighed. “Well when I was in the hospital for my panic attack when my mom was told to leave the hospital for a while I told her that if Adrian came and got me and tried to kill me to put on the news I was dead. To throw him off.” She breathed.

“I was asleep in a coma for 6 months and when I was in a coma I was transported to a hospital in Miami. After I woke up I was placed in over night care for a month then when I was to leave I had gone into labor and had given birth to my son. After that I had given him to the adoptive family that was picked out for him. It would be a better life for him then with me.” She choked out the part of her baby, sniffed and a tear ran down her cheek.

“What’s the babies name?’ Sophia asked. She smiled. “It’s Anthony Trial. His new last name is Trial. He was so beautiful. I loved him and he look so much like Adrian, but I still loved him.” She said wiping her tears away. She took a deep breath and continued on with her story.

“After I went to the new home in Miami and I tired to contact you guys and realized he had taken you both and I was done with him hurting and taking people so I decided on one thing. I’m going to kill Adrian”