Chapter 3: a bloody blade

Chapter 3

We had woken up the next morning and I hadn’t shown the window to Sophia but I planned to later. We had gotten up and when we got upstairs we went to work. I was exhausted from last night and the pounding that my shoulder took.

 We had gotten to work. I had started break fast and I was making a simple eggs and bacon and toast. I had set the food down at the table for Father and I stole away to the kitchen with Sophia and we quickly ate what was left of some eggs I made for us.

After our quick eat I ran upstairs and began dusting the mirrors in the hallway and there was a lot. There  was also medieval looking armor in the hallway and I had to polish those everyday. I began cleaning  the next armor when the steps began up the stairs. I looked and father was walking down the hallway toward me with his hands in his pocket nonchalantly.

He came up to me and grabbed my hair and continued walking. He pulled us to the room at the end of the hall. He opened the door and threw me in. he closed the door and the room became pitch black. I guess he was going to hit me earlier than usual.

His fist came out of nowhere and hit me square in the jaw. I fell to the floor gripping my jaw. He kicked my back and as I was down he stepped on my back.

He grabbed my hair and slammed me onto the ground again. He pulled me up by my shoulder, my bad one, and dug his nails in. only worse things could happen from here. He had pulled me by my shoulder to the black table against the wall and chained me in.

He had picked up a bladed knife and brought it to my neck.

He made thin marks along my neck with the blade. He pulled it back and it was covered in my blood. He brought out car cables to usually jumps start a car. He plugged one onto a cable he had in the room my other on my wrist sending 20,000 volts of electricity coursing through my body.

After he finished he left me on the cold floor falling in and out of consciousness.

The next time I woke I was in the basement on my cot. Sophia wasn’t down here and I ran up to the door on top of the stairs and tried to open it but it was looked.

I heard a piercing scream and knew it was Sophia. I rammed into the door and fell down the stairs and hit my head. And the last thing I heard was another high pitched scream and I black out.