Prologue-Chapter 1

•••-<Narrator's POV>-•••

As the bus came to a stop, a pair of twins skipped off in joy with their suitcases.
"I bet I can beat you to the doorbell." Exclaimed an over excited young feminine voice.
"I bet you can't." Scoffed playfully a young male voice coming from the boy who was trying to hold back a laugh. With a shared glance, the two were off. Running as fast as their now 13 year old selves could go. As the two reached the door almost head to head, the elder twin jumped up the stairs leading to the front door and pressing the doorbell in the process.
"Not...fair..." Whined the younger as he tried to catch his breath.
"Tot-...totally...fair." Shot back the other with a wide smile on her face as she too was trying to catch her breath. They both stopped when the door opened up to reveal their mother and father with open arms. Without hesitation, they both ran to them, dropping their bags and embracing their parents in a tight hug.
"Welcome home!"

~~~D mrbioo uhxqlrq~~~

"So the pig...stays?" Asked their mother. They've been explaining how waddles is now the new member of the family.
"But he's not just a pig. He's my soulmate." Mabel exclaimed and ended with a dreamy look until Waddles climbed onto her lap and squealed.
"I love you too." She giggled. Their parents shared a glance between each other, looked at their son then back at each other. With a defeated sigh, they both gave in and let the girl keep her pet.

Their parents decided to have dinner once the twins unpacked so the twins ran up the stairs with their bags and threw everything back in place. Once they were done, they rushed back down to eat and were greeted with their parents all dressed up to go.
"Where are you going?" Mabel asked confused sounding sad.
"Well, as we missed your actual birthday, we thought it'd be nice to go out and celebrate before you two start school." As their father explained, their frowns faded into excited smiles and in unison shouted:
"Taco Bell!"

~First Magical Time skip  brought to you by Waddles the pig who waddled after the twins when they went off racing earlier~

The food was great, the twins were smiling non-stop, messing about, talking about their summer (of course, they didn't mention anything about the portal, or any of the creatures in the forest, and especially kept quiet about Bill and Weirdmagedon). All in all, they had a wonderful late birthday. They were on their way home, satisfied and happy, the two adults quietly chattered away at the front, Mabel as over excited as ever in the back seat on the right, her seatbelt long forgotten. She kept jumping up and down, still talking about their fun filled summer. Dipper on the other hand was calm and a lot less energetic than his sister. He just sat quietly with a smile still plastered on his face, enjoying the calmness of their normal life. Sure he missed the adventures and the woods that kept a constant eye out (get it?), the strange smell of the town that seemed to scream with the mysteries filling it yet seemed so homey and relaxing, but he missed this sense of carelessness. No danger, no demons, no apocalypse. He smiled lovingly at the sight of his family, happy.
With one quick glance out the front window of their car, everything changed. His eyes widened in shock, his expression worried and terrified, everything in slow motion and as the rest of his family noticed, their smiled faded too. His father tried to swerve...but no use. With one quick calculation and look, Dipper reached over to undo his seatbelt jumped on Mabel in what seemed like super human speed and in the second he had her in his arms...

~~~Zkr zdv vdyhg?~~~

The annoying sound of sirens blaring was getting louder by the second, mumbles that seemed impossible to make out and the smell of smoke were the only things that let the child know, that they were still alive. A pair of brown eyes fluttered open and all there was, was pain. They looked around the inside of the now wrecked, upside down car. The muffles sound of people's voices could be heard, sirens blared somewhere close by...
"Mom..." An almost silent voice called. Another muffled voice was heard closer by that sounded rather alarmed.
"Dad?" The voice called again. A dark figure approached. The child could see it getting closer. As the child was getting his senses back, a strange sense of warmth seemed to embrace them and it seemed to scream danger. Before the darkness consumed the young child, he held onto the motionless body tighter as he struggled to call out a name...
"...Ma-bel?"

~~~Zloo kh eh vdyhg?~~~

~<{A/N}>~
So hello my marshmallows and welcome to my first ever proper story published (on this account) that is made by me. Alone. In fact, this is the very first Gravity Falls book that I've ever put up on Wattpad so if something is off, don't hesitate to let me know.
So, I'm sure you've noticed the little ciphers that I've included throughout the story. Don't need to bother with decoding them...if you don't want to.
But just as a hint, think of Bill...and his demon form's shape...
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this book and stick with me 'till the end.