Chapter Nineteen

Your P.O.V.

"Okay! The first step of controlling magic is to try to grab it, metaphorically speaking," I motion with my hands to give a visual example. "Then once you've gotten a hold of it, do not, I repeat, do not let go. Got it?"

Xander nods his head vigorously. Yesterday, he requested that I teach him how to use some magic, since he technically is a dragon slayer. I couldn't say no, so here I am. "Good. Watch." I position my hands like I'm going to grab something, then form a ball of moon energy between my palms. I take aim, then fire at a nearby tree, shooting a neat hole through the middle.

"Um...I don't know if I can do that..." He nods toward the missing chunk of wood.

"Okay, magic without words is a little hard. Let's try something easier: a roar." I smile and shrug.

"A roar?" Xander repeats.

"Yes, a roar. It's the easiest spell in dragon slaying magic. If I'm gonna show you that though, we might wanna go somewhere a little less cramped." I point a thumb at the stone building behind us and the trees everywhere. It turns out that the building that we're in is smack in the middle of the ruined town that Fairy Tail showed me and I passed out.

"Okay, follow me." Before I can say training, the wizard bounds off through the trees. I roll my eyes and follow him in.

Slicing through branches with my moon long sword, I start to think about random questions. If we are related, we must be twins. In that case; who's older and by how much? What's my dad like? What was my mom like? Did we have any other siblings? Where did we live? I'll ask dad when we get him out of the ice.

Finally, I step over one more root to come to the edge of a long lake. Oxeye daisies surround it. Xander is sitting at the edge, struggling to pull his feet out of a block of ice. I double over in laughter and fall to the floor.

"It's not funny! I thought I would just dip my toes in 'cause it's so hot!" He crosses his arms and pouts.

"I gotcha. Here." I place my longsword down and mutter a spell under my breath. The ice melts and Xander stands up. His eyes land on the long sword.

"May I?"

"You can try. Only I can pick it up. Part of the spell." I pick it up and toss it from hand to hand, a woosh coming from the weapon.

"It looks pretty lightweight if you can do that. Do you think I could learn a spell like that?" The boy's (E/C) eyes grow large and he looks almost like a puppy.

"Well, all magic is different. But if you're right, and we are twins, then you could probably do the same thing with ice. Families; twins especially have very similar magic types."

"Magic...types?"

"Yeah. It means you can cast the same sort of spells and have about the same magic power level. Wow, you really don't know much about magic, do you?" If our dad did train him to hold magic, then he should know all this, right?

"I guess not," He shrugs, his auburn hair swishing with his shoulders. "Anyway, can you teach me that roar now?"

{#{#{#{#{Time Skip}#}#}#}#}#

"Ice dragon roar!" Xander yells, and a long beam of ice shoots out of his mouth, freezing the whole lake along with knocking over three trees on the other side and splitting a boulder. "Whoops."

I stand there with my jaw hitting the floor and my eyes bulging out of my head. "Um...good job...I guess? It took you a few tries, well more than a few, but you did it! And pretty well if I do say so myself."

"Yay?" He says, almost unsure.

"Of course yay! You did great!" I punch him on the shoulder lightly. "Now can you unfreeze it?"

"I'll try, but I'm not promising anything." Xander closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in. Soon, a bit of the ice starts to fade melt. Slowly but surely, the lake goes back to being water and sound comes back to the earth.

"Perfect! You're a natural!" I yell in excitement.

"Really?" Xander's eyes light up and a large smile grows on his face.

"Yeah, of course! I don't even know if I could do that!" I fold my arms and smile back. "C'mon, why don't we take a lunch break? Race you back!" And with that, I take off back through the trees, Xander following close behind, yelling at me that I got a head start.