Chapter Fifteen

Your P

Your P.O.V.

I flinch as Yukino tugs on a curler and pulls it out of my (H/L) hair. The girls from Fairy Tail invited us all back to their guild to get ready for the ball. The same as the dress shop, I tried to get out of getting my hair and makeup done, but before I could protest, five of the girls pushed me towards a vanity and shoved curlers, brushes and a bunch of other beauty stuff in my face.

"Wow, (Y/N). What a transformation!" Rami trots over in a white ruffled dress for exceeds. "Where's your mask?"

"Right here," I say, trying my best not to smile too much in fear of ruining my makeup that Yukino worked so hard on. I hold up my matching mask that pairs with my dress that Wendy picked out for me.

"Okay, (Y/N)! You're all done!" Yukino cheers, her pale blue dress twirls with her as she spins. "Here! Look! This is my best work yet!"

She hands me a hand mirror which I hold in front of my face. Staring back at me is a girl that is definitely not me. My (S/C) skin glows happily and my (E/C) eyes pop because of the sliver eyeshadow and the winged eyeliner on my lids. My lips are a bold red and my eyelashes curl upwards. My (H/L), (H/C) hair is tied up in a small bun, a few stray curls framing my face.

"This...this is not me...there's no way this is me..." I chuckle slightly and feel my eyes start to well up. "When I was young, I would find berries and smear them on my face to look like make up, then wrap my sash around my shoulders to look like a cape and pretend I was a model. Kalaina would find it so funny and looking back on it, I do too."

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look behind me to see Lucy.

"When I was younger, I would do the same with my mom. When she died, my dad shut me out, and I stopped. It's okay to cry, but preferably not right now. With all that make up, you'll look like a dying fish! Now go put your dress on," she smiles and hugs me, then pats my back.

"Okay," I smile back at her, grab my dress and stride to the changing room.

Sting's P.O.V.