Chapter Eighteen

Your P.O.V.

"So let me get this straight; you were raised in this guild, which is called Raging Midnight, and were trained as a wizard until you were eleven. Before that, your mom went insane, leaving you by the side of a river. Your dad recognized you by your magic power and took you home with him. You accidentally froze everyone in the guild because your dad, the master of the guild, put an ice lacrima in your brain, which broke on impact. Now, you have for the most part random attacks that you burst ice everywhere. Because of that lacrima, you're a dragon slayer?" I ask, a quizzical look on my face. "And what does any of this have to do with me?"

"Before I answer that question, I ended up freezing myself for a period of time, too. For how long exactly, I have no clue. But to answer that question, this is what you have to do with it," Xander raises his black t-shirt over his toned abs to reveal an identical birthmark to mine. "Also, I need help undoing the ice spell..."

"Wait, wait, wait! Are you implying we're related?! I have no memory of you at all! Just because our eyes look similar doesn't mean we're related!" I freak out completely. "I know we have matching birthmarks but still!"

"Okay! Okay! But think about it! It makes sense! You were found near a river, right? Your dragon must have found you before our dad–"

"Our dad?! OUR DAD?! I NEVER HAD A FAMILY! RAMI WAS ALL I HAD, AND BEFORE HER, KALAINA! RAMI ISN'T HERE, AND KALAINA'S GONE. POOF! DISAPPEARED! I WANDERED THE FOREST FOR FIVE WEEKS! I WAS ELEVEN! AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOUR PARENTS!" I ball my fists at my side, and a tear drips off the end of my nose.

"Look, I'm sorry you were alone for half your life, but that's not my fault. Don't go taking it out on me," Xander says calmly. "I thought you would be happy to know you had a family that was still alive."

Just then, everything goes dead silent and I fall to the floor within the ball of ice. The tears spill over, making drip noises on the cold prison. My sobs echo through the sphere, and my legs burn from my weight on my knees. I can feel Xander's eyes burning holes through my head, but I couldn't give a damn. I'm feeling sorry for myself, and I know it. Come on, (Y/N)! Pull yourself together! I didn't raise you to be a crybaby! I can't stop. The tears are addictive. I haven't cried like this in years. The realization that I've been alone drills its way into my brain, and I choke on my sobs.

Warmth. That's what I feel. Warmth consumes me in the form of body heat. My (E/C) eyes open slowly, and I'm not surprised to see Xander staring back at me. He smiles lightly, unspoken words passing between us. Cries escape my throat, and I bury my face into his neck, wrapping my arms around his torso. My (H/L), (H/C) locks brush my tear-drenched cheek, and Xander hugs me back.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm f-feeling sorry for m-myself, and I'm pathetic. I also c-can't believe I'm hugging my k-kidnapper," I laugh a bit, only to cry harder. "I didn't mean w-what I said before." I hiccup.

"It's okay. I know. And now I'm sure you're my sister. I know you're what I've been missing this whole time. I'm sorry I kidnapped you, it's just, I did some research on Sting too, and I'm pretty sure he would have brutally murdered me if he saw me with you." Xander laughs. Sometimes, I listen to people's voices and laughs, and I match them to colors. Xander's is gold.

Maybe we are related.

Sting's P.O.V.

"Anything, Rogue?" I yell to my partner. I look over at him, and he shakes his head. "Yukino?" I can tell by the grim look on her face that she hasn't found a trace of her. I miss her. She's been gone for about three days now. I sigh, and bury my face into my hands, yanking at my blond hair.

"Hey, Sting! I think I found something!" Rami yells, and I snap my head up and sprint over to my girlfriend's exceed.

There lays an earring. It matches the color of her dress from the masquerade. God, she looked gorgeous then. Focus, Sting! I pick up the earring, and take a whiff. It's her scent! But wait...there's something else...winterberries? And...a dragon...? Wait, I recognize that smell! It's–him.

"Um...Sting? Are you okay?" I hear Lector's voice say. He sounds concerned. "Your eyes just got really dark..."

"I think I know where she is." I hand the earring to Yukino, who's also holding her mask. Then, I sprint.

"Sting! Get back here, you idiot! If you do anything reckless, I swear, I'll–" Rogue is cut off when I run deeper into the forest.

I'm coming, (Y/N).