Chapter Five

You step into the Sabertooth guild hall as Sting holds the door for you. Your eyes widen and your jaw drops. The hall is filled with people. It has an open concept with a throne at the other end of the room. A large fish tank sits in the center, behind a rounded bar. A girl with white-blue hair and dark brown eyes is cleaning mugs, while a few men sitting on barstools ask her to take their order.

Sting whistles loudly. Everyone stops what they're doing to look at you and their master. "Everyone listen up! We have a couple new recruits. Everyone say hello to (Y/N) and Rami." The blonde puts his arm around you and you blush a light pink.

Most of the people smile and give a small wave, but like in every crowd, there's always those few people who roll their eyes and carry on. You try to ignore them and go sit at the bar.

Sting runs behind the bar, reaches to a hidden shelf, and pulls out a stamp. "Where do want you your guild mark, and in what color?"

"On my (B/P) in (F/C), please." You say politely. Sting presses the stamp down on your (B/P) and releases. A (F/C) Sabertooth guild mark is revealed. "Woah... I'm a qualified member now."
You walk over to Rami to see that she has a white guild Mark on her back. You take the small exceed in your arms and hug her.

"This is a new start for us." You say into her fur. That seems to put a smile on her face.

"C'mon, (Y/N)! Let's go meet more of the members!" Rami grabs your hand and drags you over to Sting, who's talking to a man with black hair covering his right eye. He has a thin scar over his nose.

Sting notices you approach them. "Hey, (Y/N)! This is Rogue, my partner." You smile and stick your hand out for him to shake. "Hi. I've heard so much about you. I'm (Y/N)."

Rogue scans you up and down with his crimson eyes. He doesn't shake your hand. Instead, he grunts and nods slightly. You put down your hand and laugh awkwardly. "Well, it's was great meeting you, but I think Rami and I are going to meet some more members." You wave at Sting and Rogue before grabbing Rami's paw.

"Do you think Rogue is always like that?" Rami looks annoyed. "If so, I hope we don't have to deal with him too much." You shrug and hope that everyone else will be a little friendlier.

Rami and you head back over to the large bar. You each take a seat on a barstool. While spinning around on the seat, you notice that there are a number of people staring at you. You nervously fiddle with the jacket you bought earlier, and try not to make eye contact with anyone.

All of a sudden, you feel a tap on your shoulder from behind you. You spin the barstool back to face the bar. The girl tending the bar smiled.

"Hi! I'm Yukino. You're the new girl, right? Would you like anything to eat or drink?" For a second, you just sit there with your mouth open. You didn't really expect anyone to actually try to talk to you. Then, you return the smile.

"Hey! Yeah, I'm new. Brand new, actually. I got my guild mark about ten minutes ago." You chuckle. "Can I have some (F/D) to drink please?"

While Yukino goes to make your drink, you kinda space out a little. Daydreams of what life in the guild will be like sneak into your head. You think about the jobs you'll take, the team you might join, the friends you'll make... When a tugging on your jacket snaps you out of your little fantasies.

You look down to see a green exceed in a pink frog costume, with a light blush on her cheeks. She looks up into your surprised (E/C) eyes and grins.

"I'm Fro! Who are you?" The green cat lets go of your jacket. After a second, your brain registers what's happening and giant hearts appear in your eyes.

"AHHHHHHH! YOU ARE SO KAWAII!" You hop off your barstool and kneel down to pick up Fro. You put your hands under her arms and lift her to your height.

"I think so too!" Fro looks over at Rami, who doesn't look very happy. Her arms are crossed, and her eyes are angry slits.  You put the green exceed down and she walks over to Rami. "I'm Fro! Who are you?"

Rami rolls her eyes and your dragon hearing picks up a slight growl. You bend down to Fro's height.

"Hey Fro? Can you give Rami and I a minute to talk, please?" The adorable cat nods and walks away.

"Come sit with me." You pick Rami up and place her on a barstool. You plop yourself on the one next to her. "Are you jealous?" You say while taking a sip of your (F/D).

"Hmph." She looks away and pouts.

"C'mon, Rami! Talk to me! You know I would never replace you." You hug her. "Now come on. We've got more people to meet."

"Oh, fine." She pushes your (F/D) to you. "Now chug!"

You laugh, and you're just about to drink it, when you smell something familiar.

"Wait a sec... This scent... Don't tell me!" You snap your head to the front door as it opens.

Five people waltz through the guild door and everyone stops what they're doing to look at the newcomers. Sting looks over confused, but then smiles.

"Hey! Long time no see!"

Fairy Tail.