Chapter Nine: Comfort

I'm a piece of trash.. and I don't deserve you guys...

This chapter has been half finished since December QAQ

No excuses,

I've been destroyed by Yuri!!! On Ice since October and I was in a writers block...

Chapter 9: Comfort

_____________________________

Levi forced his body to sit upright to wrap his arms around Eren, trying to stop him from crying more. Is this the only thing he's good for? Making his love cry? That made his heart drop, he felt so awful.

"Eren, I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, don't cry.." Though he says that, he sounds as if he's about to cry as well. "Please don't cry.." Levi can't even say that it'll be okay, because it wasn't. Nothing about this is okay. Everything went so wrong the moment he woke up the first time and if he only moved to get out of bed, go to school.. Maybe this wouldn't have happened.

That was another knife to his heart.

"L-Leviii..." Eren rasped through the tears and sobbing. "I-I..just.."

"I'm sorry.. please stop crying, it's my fault.. not yours, please don't cry.." Levi's heart bled with each pained noise Eren let out. "Eren please..."

"I ha-have to g-go.." Whimpering, Eren pushed at Levi's chest weakly. He needed to be out of here, fast. He felt wrong, so wrong to be here. Eren was scared, where will they be after this?

Levi's hands gently let go, how badly he wanted to kiss away those tears. Tell him how much he loved him. But a confession wasn't what Eren needed. If time was what he needed, Levi will give it to him even though it brought him more heartache.

"O-oh Levi... w-what do I do.. h-how do I –fix—this?" Eren hiccupped and sobbed on the wolf's broad chest. "I-I don't even und-ders-stand what happened.."

Levi pulled him closer and rubbed his back soothingly. "It's not your fault, understand that at least.. This morning just went horribly. I'm sorry.. don't cry anymore, okay? We'll figure this out.. just calm down.." He began crooning softly for the older male, while his fingers gently kneaded the underside of Eren's flattened ears.

"S-stop apologizing.. T-that's my line." Eren seemed much calmer, conceding Levi's words. It was an accident, that sort of reasoning he can accept, but that didn't mean he can forgive himself for giving into instinctual response, he just jumped on his foster son for fuck's sake, pounced like a sex crazed animal on the said son who was blissfully unaware and sleeping.

Levi smiled weakly down at him and nosed is hair affectionately. "I can never say sorry enough.. I should have gotten up.. if I had you wouldn't have a reason to cry right now.." He subtly inhaled the brunette's sweet scent, absolutely adoring how Eren kept smelling so sweet despite the hint of distress in the odor. "I'm so sorry for letting his happen.."

He felt even more like garbage with the way Levi talked to him. The raven spoke so maturely and there he was, crying his eyes out like a child. He's so ashamed, so ashamed of himself, his actions, and his under-controlled emotions.

"Here, why don't you just lie down a bit, try to sleep again if you can.." Levi guided his limbs and body back into the bed. "I'll go make you something.. Don't get up okay? You shouldn't even be this stressed out, especially in your condition.."

Eren looked up at the wolf with a withering expression, obviously still shaken. "Okay.." He managed to answer.

Levi forced a half smile and pulled the blankets over him. "I'll be back." He eyed at the room, finding the dinner tray Eren had brought last night, the contents on the plate untouched and forgotten. A quick work in the micro wouldn't harm, then he'll get something for Eren.